Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 27 February 2017 - 08:52 PM

Our packaging company recently underwent FSSC 22000 Stage 2 audit and came out with no majors, 3 minors and 5 observations.  In preparation for this audit, I attended an on-line training course to be get a certification on FSSC 22000, PRP, Gap Analysis and Internal Auditing however the auditor suggested that I get a more in-depth FS understanding of concepts and requirements.  Can anyone recommend a book that explains the FSSC 22000 concepts and requirements (i.e. expected documentation per clause)?  Any input will surely help.  Thank you.

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 27 February 2017 - 09:18 PM

Our packaging company recently underwent FSSC 22000 Stage 2 audit and came out with no majors, 3 minors and 5 observations.  In preparation for this audit, I attended an on-line training course to be get a certification on FSSC 22000, PRP, Gap Analysis and Internal Auditing however the auditor suggested that I get a more in-depth FS understanding of concepts and requirements.  Can anyone recommend a book that explains the FSSC 22000 concepts and requirements (i.e. expected documentation per clause)?  Any input will surely help.  Thank you.

Hi m3,

Have you read iso22004 ? This explains (simplifies) a lot of the iso22000 content.

Offhand, i don't know any fssc22000books other than one for seafood but Google suggests they surely exist.

Some advice from the Forum may be available if you hv specific queries.

Some quite useful introductory guidelines on iso22000 portion  is here -

http://www.ifsqn.com...s-on-iso-22000/

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 27 February 2017 - 09:26 PM

addendum

ISO themselves publish a explanation/implementation 'book" for iso22000/small businesses. Never seen any reviews on it though.

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

mmm060711

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 28 February 2017 - 03:03 PM

Thank you, Charles. Both documents are a helpful guideline for the clauses.  I greatly appreciate the assistance. 

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users