• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 05 March 2017 - 02:57 AM

Is there any standard format for PRP?? 

Do we need to make PRP and SOP separately for the same topic (like, Pest control or personal hygiene)??

AK

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 05 March 2017 - 03:43 AM

Is there any standard format for PRP?? 

No, it's up to you.

Do we need to make PRP and SOP separately for the same topic (like, Pest control or personal hygiene)??

I assume by "need", you mean "must". Yr examples will actually be SSOPs in which case IMO the answer is NO

AK

It might be noted that afaik, PRP (=Prerequisite Program) is a term specific to FS systems. SOP can relate to anything. IMO it's basically a "Procedure" standard to  "somebody" created for "somebody" else. :smile:

i suspect the use of SOP in FS texts has been promoted(invented?) by USA. For example, in the FS standard iso22000. you will find no mention of SOP, or SSOP.  So presumably ISO has absolutely no need for SOPs in FS systems (although i note that iso22000 quotes iso9000 as a normative reference so perhaps iso9000 might include a def. for SOP[does it ?]).

Accordingly, I anticipate you will receive a variety of opinions.

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
    TV
    Movies

Posted 05 March 2017 - 04:26 AM

addendum

One terminological distinction is that PRP is nominally a Program, SOP is a Procedure, ie potentially involving different "scope".

A similar question to the current OP appeared in the thread below which has more "investigated" responses based on the above observation.

http://www.ifsqn.com...2-prps-vs-sops/

In a similar vein, I noticed this hierarchical interpretation in document linked below in another thread -

There should be standard operating procedures (SOPs) related to each of the prerequisite programs

The SOPs will describe: what tasks are to be done, when the tasks will be done, who will complete the tasks, standards that must be met, and how the completion of the task will be documented.

http://www.ifsqn.com...ops/#entry60028

(see file a3c1)

Personally I have always simply lumped all the procedures "related" to a PRP as sections within the titled PRP itself but i guess the sections could equally be labelled SOPs if preferred. And perhaps particularly if there were a lot of procedures involved.

PS - JFI -

BRC7 has no mention of SOP/SSOP.

SQF-7.2 does mention SOP.

IFS6 does not refer to SOP/SSOP directly but the Guideline material  does.

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Thanked by 1 Member:

ak9823552626

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 06 March 2017 - 04:43 AM

addendum

One terminological distinction is that PRP is nominally a Program, SOP is a Procedure, ie potentially involving different "scope".

A similar question to the current OP appeared in the thread below which has more "investigated" responses based on the above observation.

http://www.ifsqn.com...2-prps-vs-sops/

In a similar vein, I noticed this hierarchical interpretation in document linked below in another thread -

http://www.ifsqn.com...ops/#entry60028

(see file a3c1)

Personally I have always simply lumped all the procedures "related" to a PRP as sections within the titled PRP itself but i guess the sections could equally be labelled SOPs if preferred. And perhaps particularly if there were a lot of procedures involved.

PS - JFI -

BRC7 has no mention of SOP/SSOP.

SQF-7.2 does mention SOP.

IFS6 does not refer to SOP/SSOP directly but the Guideline material  does.

As Mentioned in the Post "The SOPs will describe: what tasks are to be done, when the tasks will be done, who will complete the tasks, standards that must be met, and how the completion of the task will be documented."

Then what will PRP describe? and what will come under work instructions (WI)??

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
    TV
    Movies

Posted 06 March 2017 - 08:40 AM

Hi ak,

You have posted in iso22000 forum. One option is to use the PRP list of titles given in iso22002-1, the SOPs will then relate to the sub-text in iso22002-1

Some generic examples of PRP/SOPs are in the file a3c1

If you wish to understand the relationship between Procedures / WIs, can try this link -

https://www.template...rk-instruction/

So some options are straight "PRP",  PRP/SOP(s), PRP/Procedure(s), PRP/Procedure(s) /WI(s)

Or go yr own way

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Thanked by 1 Member:

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users