• Quick Navigation
Photo

How to get started implementing HACCP in meat Manufacturing?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic
- - - - -

eto

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Georgia
    Georgia

Posted 15 May 2017 - 12:43 PM

Hello everyone:) I am Eto Tkesheliadze , I am studying food technology in Agriculture University of Georgia. I have a big problem. I have just started working in meat manufacture, where I must implement  HACCP.  I don't know exactly how I can do it. You know, I have learnt about this standart a lot, so I know what is means, which principes it involves and etc. I want understand how it works, what this implementation includes, should I make any presentation or specifically What should I concentrate on? I'm interesting in practical side of this Issue.Thanks in advance.

QAGB

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 685 posts
  • 262 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 15 May 2017 - 01:21 PM

Hi Eto,

I'm not sure how much you have worked with HACCP, but your area of concentration really should be your flow diagram. You should take a multidisciplinary team with you out into the plant, and follow the process from receiving to shipping. Not only is the flow diagram your basic starting point after assembling a team and all that fun stuff, this flow diagram will be crucial to your process hazard analysis; which is the bulk of your HACCP plan. It'll also help you determine CCPs (if you don't already have those in place). You may end up with more than one flow; which is fine. You'll just end up with more than one HACCP plan depending on how different the flows are.

Also, you need to determine your pre-requisites. Take a look at procedures you have in place for pre-requisites, and observe people on the floor. If any of the pre-requisites are not implemented, they need to be implemented for HACCP. You'll likely need to name these later in your process hazard analysis.

I don't know how much detail you need (as I don't know your level of experience with it), but feel free to keep asking questions. Welcome to the forum!

QAGB

Thanked by 2 Members:

Scampi

Fellow

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 5,444 posts
  • 1507 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 16 May 2017 - 03:11 PM

Other than the Georgian requirements, are you operating under another standard? (BRC, SQF etc etc)

Please stop referring to me as Sir/sirs

eto

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Georgia
    Georgia

Posted 14 June 2017 - 11:11 AM

Thanks for answer, so I'll be more concretely, I want to know how long need usually PRP programs to implement, two months. or 2 weeks approximately, or its depends on companies? how many training course must I make about GHP&GHP?Is it one enough or I must repeat it twice or several times?A few days ago I talked to them about food safety , local and international laws, also I told them a little how must  be their higiene area and etc. What time I should wait until I begin implement HACCP? generally, what includes haccp's implementation process, what consultant need for this do? Is established any rules or all this are individual approach?   I must make training with powerpoint presentation for haccp principes or I only must write hazard analyse and haccp plan on the paper?  I have to do it only myself I or it should discuss in haccp group? do we all together make haccp plan? and finally I have a question also about sop, when should I make it?bofore haccp or after when it will be implemented?

I'm sorry, that  I have a lot of questions, If you can answer even on some of this, I'll be very happy. 

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users