Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 19 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 12 June 2017 - 04:22 PM

We were recently audited by our IFS PACsecure Registrar, AIB Int'l, and received a deviation with regards to below:

3.2.1.3 Compliance with personnel hygiene requirements shall be checked regularly.

We currently have signage, procedures, training & training records, but to the point, no objective evidence that the requirements are being checked regularly.

We have implemented a step in our 5S Supervisor - Shift Transition Score Card where they simply have a Y/N box - Verify employees are following D2.01 Hygiene & Safety for Personnel and Visitors.

Is anyone using a more robust method to show Compliance? Thank you -- Daphne

FurFarmandFork

Food Safety Consultant, Production Supervisor

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,264 posts
  • 590 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 13 June 2017 - 10:35 PM

That's picky...I'd struggle to deal with that one if they didn't also observe my employees failing to adhere to the hygeine requirements. If there were no deviations, clearly your verification system is working.....ish.

I think your corrective action is sufficient, it essentially now includes a daily "walk the floor" check for compliance. Which is perfectly reasonable. We formalize our inspections monthly, but obviously make regular corrections on the floor as well.

Austin Bouck
Owner/Consultant at Fur, Farm, and Fork.
Consulting for companies needing effective, lean food safety systems and solutions.

Subscribe to the blog at furfarmandfork.com for food safety research, insights, and analysis.

Thanked by 1 Member:

kibeda

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 24 posts
  • 26 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 15 June 2017 - 04:03 PM

We have implemented a daily audit that is provided to each shift. I have attached it, although it sounds like its similar to what you already implemented.
Kim

Attached Files

Thanked by 1 Member:

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users