• IFSQN Active
  • 8 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 17 June 2017 - 10:26 AM

Hi!

I've already posted a question about milk products. But I also have a question about Juice:

So I've basically used a juicing machine to extract juice from beets, carrots, and other veggies and fruits.

Should these be pasteurized in order to help them last for a few weeks in the fridge? And if so, any particular method of pasteurizing it? Also, I want to store these in good plastic bottles, and not in glass ones. Is it also possible to store without refrigeration?

Please help me out with this. Many many thanks in advance!

GrumpyJimmy

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 123 posts
  • 28 thanks
Neutral

• Wales
    Wales
  • Interests:IronMan Competitor & Film lover
    IFSQN Member of the Month July 2017 and chuffin proud!

Posted 19 June 2017 - 11:33 AM

Hi!

I've already posted a question about milk products. But I also have a question about Juice:

So I've basically used a juicing machine to extract juice from beets, carrots, and other veggies and fruits.

Should these be pasteurized in order to help them last for a few weeks in the fridge? And if so, any particular method of pasteurizing it? Also, I want to store these in good plastic bottles, and not in glass ones. Is it also possible to store without refrigeration?

Please help me out with this. Many many thanks in advance!

Hi again Yudi, Alot of the same principles as we discussed with the milk products, size of set-up? pasturize - yes, how? - depends on your set-up, plastic - yes but to improve life you need to fill aseptically and chill. If pos get a life test done in a lab so you have realistic information to work from.

DW

Thanked by 1 Member:

Yudi123

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 8 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 21 June 2017 - 03:23 AM

@Daddywelsh

Hi again Yudi, Alot of the same principles as we discussed with the milk products, size of set-up? pasturize - yes, how? - depends on your set-up, plastic - yes but to improve life you need to fill aseptically and chill. If pos get a life test done in a lab so you have realistic information to work from.

DW

Hi again DW,

Perfect. I will heed your advice once more.. Many thanks..!

Yudi

Share this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pastuerize, juice, fresh fruits, juicing, pasteurizing, preserving, storage

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users