Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 38 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 19 June 2017 - 06:56 PM

We have a double door that leads to our tomato receiving area with high traffic. The doors are not on automatic closers (although I may get there). Basically I know they have screen mesh doors for your house that you can walk through and magnets close it when you walk out. I just didnt know if there was an industrial version we could put up to keep bugs out. Anyone use anything like "Bug off" or "Magic Mesh" in your facility? 

FurFarmandFork

Food Safety Consultant, Production Supervisor

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,264 posts
  • 590 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 20 June 2017 - 02:12 PM

We installed a screen door last year for a maintenance area that was always propped open for ventilation. It wasn't an exterior door and all the openings in the maintenance area were appropriately screened, however it wasn't a full GMP area and the screen door really helped create a barrier (mental and physical) between the areas as well as keep "propped doors" from being seen as appropriate anywhere in the plant.

Auditor's have liked it. Other options would be vinyl curtains like they use for coldroom entrances, they're "self closing" and if you keep them in your sanitation program they don't get gross and work well. As a bonus they're hard to prop open, and auditors are used to seeing them in coldrooms.

Austin Bouck
Owner/Consultant at Fur, Farm, and Fork.
Consulting for companies needing effective, lean food safety systems and solutions.

Subscribe to the blog at furfarmandfork.com for food safety research, insights, and analysis.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users