• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 26 June 2017 - 01:41 PM

Hello,

I've been racking my brain lately on ways to document route temperatures. I was wondering what are some ways that others are doing this.

We are a distribution company and I need to verify temperature control for our trailers. As of now, there are no ways to print out temperatures with our current software. I can print out temperatures yet it would include time not during transportation activities.

Thank you!

FurFarmandFork

Food Safety Consultant, Production Supervisor

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,264 posts
  • 590 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 26 June 2017 - 06:50 PM

The technological solution would be to put dataloggers on the truck. Some are cheaper than others and it depends on how well you get them back for how much you want to spend. 

Austin Bouck
Owner/Consultant at Fur, Farm, and Fork.
Consulting for companies needing effective, lean food safety systems and solutions.

Subscribe to the blog at furfarmandfork.com for food safety research, insights, and analysis.

Bhupendra Sharma

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 49 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 22 September 2017 - 11:38 AM

Yes data logger is the best option. and you can take print out of the same. we are using data logger in our vehicle as well in the vehicles and getting the result printed after every day.......

FurFarmandFork

Food Safety Consultant, Production Supervisor

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,264 posts
  • 590 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 22 September 2017 - 03:44 PM

I just started using these. They're less than $2 each so one per load is reasonable. They provide all the info you're looking for if you just want to make sure your food stays below a relevant temp.

Austin Bouck
Owner/Consultant at Fur, Farm, and Fork.
Consulting for companies needing effective, lean food safety systems and solutions.

Subscribe to the blog at furfarmandfork.com for food safety research, insights, and analysis.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users