• Quick Navigation
Photo

How to scientifically prove and validate a temperature?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Strychnine

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 5 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 08 July 2017 - 01:42 AM

Example :

Scientifically set and Validate the 50 Degrees ambient temperature

I am not sure how to answer it correctly, they told me that i could find it on the book

HACCP-Training-Curriculum-5th-Ed-2011

http://seafood.orego...5th-Ed-2011.pdf

I really appreciate the help!

Felicia Loo

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 4 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 08 July 2017 - 03:17 AM

You can validate functionality of your temperature recording device (in-house or externally), make sure you have records to support the calibrations and temperature data. Hope that helps.

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 08 July 2017 - 04:02 AM

Example :

Scientifically set and Validate the 50 Degrees ambient temperature

I am not sure how to answer it correctly, they told me that i could find it on the book

HACCP-Training-Curriculum-5th-Ed-2011

http://seafood.orego...5th-Ed-2011.pdf

I really appreciate the help!

Hi strychnine,

Please explain a little as to the context of yr question ?, eg what is the significance of the "50degC" ?

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Strychnine

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 5 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 08 July 2017 - 05:53 PM

You can validate functionality of your temperature recording device (in-house or externally), make sure you have records to support the calibrations and temperature data. Hope that helps.

Hi Felicia, I have that reasoned out but the auditor did not accept it. He wants me to find the scientific validation on that book ( The link i just gave. ).

I couldn't find it or i did not understand what... :(

Hi strychnine,

Please explain a little as to the context of yr question ?, eg what is the significance of the "50degC" ?

50 degrees fahrenheit ambient temperature.

The question he gave me if i remember correctly is

1. Critical limits that have been scientifically set and validated are specifically listed for each CCP.

After the audit this is what i get

It was not verifiable that the critical limits were scientifically set and

validated.

So he told me the scientific validation will be in the book, was trying to find but i think i did not get what he try to meant.

Is this good reason to make it a corrective action.

Verified under FDA Food Guidance Regulation?

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 09 July 2017 - 06:05 AM

Hi Strychnine,

If it helps there seem to be only 3 specific references to 50degF in yr linked book - Pgs 45, 97, 178  respectively, any of which might represent a "validation" of a critical limit.

Generally 50degF (10degC) could refer to numerous things.

PS - perhaps the auditor was simply testing yr ability to search a pdf file. :smile:

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Thanked by 1 Member:

Strychnine

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 5 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 09 July 2017 - 08:24 AM

Hi Strychnine,

If it helps there seem to be only 3 specific references to 50degF in yr linked book - Pgs 45, 97, 178  respectively, any of which might represent a "validation" of a critical limit.

Generally 50degF (10degC) could refer to numerous things.

PS - perhaps the auditor was simply testing yr ability to search a pdf file. :smile:

Hello charles !

Yeah, you are right. He did. I failed to defend my dry product ( flowchart ). He asked me what is the CCP for it. Its not actually a critical control point, specially when its not Raw RTE's. 

Now i have to do corrective action. Damn, he tested me alot! I had a 98.7% score the last time, now i have 94.8%  

It's so hard because i do Moms and Pops work. I could not focus only one thing, i had to focus on our production side to make money, Its very stressful. 

I actually pass to that section but was not able to confirm it, my mind was too stressed. And i have to get certification that are related to HACCP since i already have a HACCP Certificate.

I want to broaden my knowledge, my boss is too picky about what school im attending to, but i told him i can only do online that is convenient for work and personal life.

Thank you for the help! I really appreciated it... all of you.

God Bless! 

Share this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Temperature, validate, scientifically, prove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users