• Quick Navigation
Photo

What controls are required for draft documents?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Tracey Richardson

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 13 posts
  • 4 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 19 July 2017 - 03:18 PM

I work for a new company. We are still figuring out how to run the ingredient production. Our SOPs and Forms are continually changing. The plant manager would like us to follow no doc control process until they get it nailed down. They would like to work with drafts only and change them continually. Is this an excepted practise? I come from company's with well defined procedures, so I am not used to such an uncontrolled forum. Is this an acceptable practice for start-ups? Do I need any traceability on drafts?

Peaches

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 134 posts
  • 123 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States

Posted 19 July 2017 - 03:26 PM

Hi

When we started up one of our lines we did something very similar to what your plant manager is requesting.  We issued an uncontrolled draft report and allowed our employees and management to make suggestions or corrections on those reports.  I kept copies of all of the changes and wrote a summary once we had it nailed down. Word of caution - I would set a time limit for this practice meaning do they need a week or a month to complete.  Then collect all uncontrolled drafts, make the changes, and then issue a notification along with the controlled document. The SOP's followed the same process.  We were able to get to a point that the documents were not continually changing within a month.  

Thanked by 1 Member:

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users