Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 12 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 20 July 2017 - 10:50 PM

I am looking for a bit of insight into an issue we have come across in our plant, we are a tree nut processor that handles large volumes of nuts and are looking at ways to remove plastic foreign material from our product flow, currently we have an Anritsu x-ray system, but it is not detecting much of the plastic we are running through the machine to test it due to the low density of the plastic, looking around briefly online I'm seeing a lot of recommendations for sieving the product but that is not viable for us due to the nature of our production as we use sieves to size out the product, not necessarily to remove FM. we are looking for a device that would be small enough to attach just prior to packaging as currently we have optical and laser sorters that are capable of removing the plastic however it is too early on in the process flow and currently used to remove off color/sized product as well as FM so much of the "rejects" continue on for further processing later in the flow depending on color/size/etc,, while I continue to look into this I was hoping there were some other people who have other ideas or have come across similar issues and may have some insight into the matter, any comments or ideas are appreciated. as a rough description of our facility we have an onsite huller/dehydrator, and will crack, size, dice, sort, and package the product both in retail and bulk packaging, we are a BRC certified facility and process roughly 50m lbs / year. thank you.

adamperry2235

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 52 posts
  • 18 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 21 July 2017 - 01:19 PM

Would air be an option? Some type of aspirator that could remove the plastic based on its weight?

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users