Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,826 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 15 October 2017 - 07:29 PM

Food Defense

Start Time: 2.20 p.m. London, 9.20 a.m. New York

Earl Arnold, Global Manager, QA Food Defense & FSMA, AIB International

Food Defense is a program we establish for our food facilities to prevent intentional adulteration of our products, protect consumers from harm, protect our assets from tampering, and protect our brand from hoaxes and other potential harm. If a facility is required to register with the FDA they must put together a Food Defense plan in accordance to 21 CFR 121 Mitigation Strategies to Protect Food from Adulteration regulation. This regulation requires facilities to conduct a vulnerability assessment on all processing steps, identify significant vulnerabilities, if found develop and apply mitigation strategies. If a facility follows a GFSI scheme such as SQF, IFS, BRC, or FSSC, you are required to develop a food defense plan. Some of these requirements are in line with the FDA regulatory requirements. It is important for you and your facility to develop a program that fits your needs and meets the regulatory, customer, and possibly GFSI requirements.

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

Guest_Aina_*
  • Guests
  • thanks

Posted 20 November 2017 - 10:38 PM

This seminar is timely! I am currently working on Food Defense program and I believe that this seminar will provide the essentials I will need to finish the task.

Guest_Bethold_*
  • Guests
  • thanks

Posted 21 November 2017 - 12:20 AM

While on the subject of Food Defense, My organisation is currently doing research on trying to reduce the production of hystamine in fish canning industry. Are there, any tips to help out besides the HPLC & ICP-Mass Spectrometry method?

Guest_Wafa Arshad_*
  • Guests
  • thanks

Posted 21 November 2017 - 04:20 AM

Hello

My question regarding food defense is : Is there any checklist for Food defense plan? How is it Made..? How to actually work on a Food Defense clause in standard relation to BRC?

Guest_Wafa Arshad_*
  • Guests
  • thanks

Posted 21 November 2017 - 04:23 AM

Can you share with me some basics ;how to initiate food defense plan.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users