Rehman R.

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 21 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Pakistan
    Pakistan
  • Interests:Sports, Reading, Movies, Outing etc.

Posted 08 November 2017 - 08:56 PM

Hi

I need help understanding the requirements of clause 2.3 of BRC Packaging. It states 

"The hazard and risk analysis study shall be fully supported by the implementation of the prerequisites set out in requirements clauses 4 to 6. However, the hazard and risk analysis may indicate that some of the requirements may be exempted."

What does it really mean?

I have an organization which doesn't do any graphic designing and packaging printing. We have documented these requirements as exclusions with justification that organization doesn't perform these activities and customers are handling these activities themselves. Is that enough or we should have some sort of risk assessment for these activities? If yes then how to handle this.

Thank you

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 09 November 2017 - 03:40 AM

Hi

I need help understanding the requirements of clause 2.3 of BRC Packaging. It states 

"The hazard and risk analysis study shall be fully supported by the implementation of the prerequisites set out in requirements clauses 4 to 6. However, the hazard and risk analysis may indicate that some of the requirements may be exempted."

I have an organization which doesn't do any graphic designing and packaging printing. We have documented these requirements as exclusions with justification that organization doesn't perform these activities and customers are handling these activities themselves. Is that enough or we should have some sort of risk assessment for these activities? If yes then how to handle this.

Thank you

Hi Rehman R.

Packaging not my area but just for starters can see these posts -

http://www.ifsqn.com...e-5/#entry94176

http://www.ifsqn.com...sue/#entry37248

http://www.ifsqn.com...e-4/#entry70168

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

DN_QAMGR

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 67 posts
  • 37 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 06 December 2017 - 08:21 PM

Hi

Thank you

Hi Rehman,

I do not print in my facility.

I did not do a risk assessment for this activity because I do not print. I put this on the exclusion list and just stated we do not print and it does not apply. 

We additionally do not outsource, so that is on the list too with the same support. We do not outsource.

The only one we have that is based on a risk assessment is uniforms. We have identified potential risk but because our product is covered coming off the machine, there is no potential risk from dirty clothes and/or stains, etc. 

My auditor did ask me think outside the box more for my risk assessment with uniforms. 

Hopefully I helped.

Good luck,

DN 

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users