• 68 posts
  • 17 thanks
Neutral

• South Africa
    South Africa

Posted 21 November 2017 - 07:33 AM

Good day All

Trust every one is good.

A retailer customer has issued me with 2 non- conformance's and Im currently having a problem to do the corrective action for it.

Your assistance will be appreciated 

1. Underweight retail packets- the packet size is 500g of soya mince, customers random check was 479.19g, Minimum underweight threshold is 485g.

Current control measures we have :

Internal Daily scale calibrations.

External yearly scale calibrations

Bulk weighing

QC random weight checks

We have implemented the internal Packing lines records weight checks after this product was manufactured though, but before this NCR was issued.

2. Yeast and mould count yielded 210 yeasts and 170 yeasts for both samples that they had randomly checked. Does anyone know what is the microbial specifications for Soya mince? or if there a document that contains this information?

How would I go about completing the CAR for the above 2 NCRs

Thanks in advance 

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,223 posts
  • 1288 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 23 November 2017 - 06:20 AM

Hi Twinkle,

For the first one it seems like you taken the some corrective action, other actions could include briefing operators and retraining.

For the Y&M counts, you should have an agreed specification with the customer ? These counts do not seem that high, is the mince to be cooked?

Kind regards,

Tony

Twinkle

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 68 posts
  • 17 thanks
Neutral

• South Africa
    South Africa

Posted 23 November 2017 - 06:50 AM

Hi Twinkle,

For the first one it seems like you taken the some corrective action, other actions could include briefing operators and retraining.

For the Y&M counts, you should have an agreed specification with the customer ? These counts do not seem that high, is the mince to be cooked?

Kind regards,

Tony

Hi Tony

Thanks for your help

No its uncooked soya mince.

Our agreed spec was 1000cfu/g for yeast and mould and now they say that 100cfu/g is the spec for uncooked soya mince.

My argument is, that soya mince requires further cooking before consumption. but they not accepting that as an answer. They want me to indicate how I plan on correcting this high yeast count. I have asked for legislative or Standards for referencing that the norm is 100cfu/g.

I have also sent another batch of these products for micro, and my results for yeast have all come back <10.

So Im actually stumped.

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 28 November 2017 - 08:07 AM

Hi Twinkle,

i answered yr spec query previously, ie -

http://www.ifsqn.com...ls/#entry114879

Sadly the info. therein does not support yr case.

I hope you had a signed agreement.

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,223 posts
  • 1288 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 29 November 2017 - 04:47 AM

Hi Twinkle,

I would respond and say you have investigated but have been unable to reproduce their results and send them a copy of your test results. I would also politely include a note that the results were not the norm but neither were they out of specification and include a copy of the agreed specification.

Kind regards,

Tony

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users