Danica

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 81 posts
  • 24 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada
  • Interests:Yoga, running, mediation, nature, cooking/eating, reading, learning, science/tech, life in general :)

Posted 07 December 2017 - 01:57 PM

Hi,

This might be the noobiest question of all, but typically, how long is a full HACCP plan/PRP (including inspections CL/Logs/SOPs, etc). Mine is now 250 pages +  and I have not yet completed all topics that need to be covered according to IFS audit requirements.

I wonder if I am not going overboard since this will be quite a challenge to do training for..
Any feed back will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Danica

Madam A. D-tor

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 644 posts
  • 230 thanks
Excellent

• Netherlands
    Netherlands
  • Interests:meat, meat products, ready to eat, food safety, QMS, audits, hazard analyses, IFS, BRC, SQF, HACCP, ISO 9001, ISO 22000

Posted 07 December 2017 - 02:05 PM

Dear Danica,

The length of your quality manual and documents depends on your company, business, processes, number of processes, number of process lines, etc.

250 pages seems not so much to me. I think you are fine.

Please be aware that you write your quality manual for your company and not for IFS. Make it fits your company. IF the number and length of your documentation fits your company you are fine.

Kind Regards,

Madam A. D-tor

Thanked by 1 Member:

Danica

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 81 posts
  • 24 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada
  • Interests:Yoga, running, mediation, nature, cooking/eating, reading, learning, science/tech, life in general :)

Posted 07 December 2017 - 02:15 PM

Hi Madam A,

Ty for your reply, I shall carry on writing  :)

For now, we have 2 lines dedicated to the production of food contact plastic packaging-we could have up to 6 lines once we have certification and can have access to more customers, our company is about 40 people. We make thermoformed plastic containers so our process in quite simple.

Our PacSecure tech support consultant told us that we should focus on the audit KO as much as possible in addition to what relates to the company. It just seems that the more I write and do research, the more I find I need to write to meet the audit requirements..

I guess better to have it and not need it, then need it and not have it!!

Cheers :)
Danica

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users