• IFSQN Fellow
  • 2,791 posts
  • 721 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 27 December 2017 - 04:33 PM

Hi All,

does anyone have a simple standard for food labelling for Australia and NZ?  What the requirements are etc?

Markcra

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 28 posts
  • 8 thanks
Neutral

• Australia
    Australia

Posted 28 December 2017 - 08:37 AM

Hi GMO

I have found that l requirements can be quite complex. The following link has all of the mandatory requirements and as I understand applies to both AU and NZ

http://www.foodstand...es/default.aspx

I have also attached my local state food authority fact sheet which provides the basic info,

Attached Files

IMRAN ALI
  • IFSQN Active
  • 0 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Australia
    Australia

Posted 03 March 2020 - 05:43 PM

Australia and newzealand have simple and straightforward food standard code! :secret:

The standards in the Australia New Zealand Food Standards Code are legislative instruments under the Legislation Act 2003.  

FSANZ sets food labelling standards in the Food Standards Code. These standards are enforced by the Australian states and territories and, in New Zealand, by the Ministry for Primary Industries (MPI).

The Food Standards Code includes the general labelling and information requirements (Chapter 1 of the Code) that are relevant to all foods, and sets out which requirements apply in different situations (e.g. food for retail sale, food for catering purposes, or an intra-company transfer).

The Code also includes specific labelling and information requirements that apply to certain food products only (Chapter 2 of the Code).

Brendan Triplett

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 511 posts
  • 131 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Rugby, Military History, Reading

Posted 03 March 2020 - 05:47 PM

Three year old thread.

Vice President and SQF Practitioner in Pennsylvania
Brendan Triplett

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 03 March 2020 - 06:12 PM

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

GMO

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 2,791 posts
  • 721 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 09 March 2020 - 05:50 PM

Australia and newzealand have simple and straightforward food standard code! :secret:

The standards in the Australia New Zealand Food Standards Code are legislative instruments under the Legislation Act 2003.  

FSANZ sets food labelling standards in the Food Standards Code. These standards are enforced by the Australian states and territories and, in New Zealand, by the Ministry for Primary Industries (MPI).

The Food Standards Code includes the general labelling and information requirements (Chapter 1 of the Code) that are relevant to all foods, and sets out which requirements apply in different situations (e.g. food for retail sale, food for catering purposes, or an intra-company transfer).

The Code also includes specific labelling and information requirements that apply to certain food products only (Chapter 2 of the Code).

Thanks but a smidge late.  I don't work for the company supplying ANZ anymore.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users