• Quick Navigation
Photo

Does anyone have a sample contract for outsourced production?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

DPN

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 10 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• Netherlands
    Netherlands

Posted 11 January 2018 - 02:44 PM

Hi!

We have a printing, laminating- and converting company for food packaging. We are currently BRC-IoP certified.

We have never outsourced any of our activities, but recently a question of one of our customers made us think of this. The customer asks us for a specification which we cannot provide.

My question is: the company to which we would outsource this one production step is BRC-IoP certified, so mentioning the requirements of BRC-IoP to them in a contract seems a bit pointless to me. I am struggling as to what to put in this document. Could anyone share a sample contract with me for oursourced production, knowing the company is certified? 

Thank you in advance for replying!

Regards. 

BrummyJim

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 329 posts
  • 117 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Motorbike gone now. Only the dog to walk!

Posted 11 January 2018 - 04:48 PM

I suppose it depends on whether this is an on-going operation of a one-off. If the former, then you might want to require the 3rd party to retain BRC-IoP with a maximum number of non-conformances. You might also make other demands such as unannounced audits. It's your reputation that the customer sees. For a one-off you would at least want an audit (although probably announced).

Sharon (Dewsbury)

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 133 posts
  • 71 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 18 January 2018 - 09:57 AM

Hi ,

In my opinion you need to state in your supplier approval/sub contract procedure (3.6 & 3.7 of the std.) how you intend to manage this. Do a risk assessment, cover off all clauses in these to sections of the standard within your procedure.

I.e. 1. only chose sub contractors who are GFSI certified. 2. Maintain  & review the audit report  & Certificate annually. etc. How to manage complaints they cause. How final release of finished goods will be managed.

Other than that you just need to cover off the items specific to your requirements that are not already part of the GFSI certification. Perhaps you want them to send copies of their production records pertaining to your product? job bags?  hourly samples to be retained /sent to you? Start up, samples ?

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users