• IFSQN Member
  • 78 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 02 February 2018 - 05:14 PM

HI Everyone, 

We have many foreign suppliers who we import products from and in most cases we act as the importer in the scenarios. 

we do however have a small handful of suppliers who act as the importer and have a location in the US for this. 

My question is, do you think its necessary to have a contact drawn up for the foreign suppliers who are acting as their own importer to ensure they use their own DUN's # and they do not identify any other import companies on the import records?

I just recently went through an official training for this and the fact that the UFI database will be public information is what concerns me. 

An exporter could potentially choose a DUN's # from the UFI list and plug that along with the address into the import records and can imply that my company or another would be the responsible party for the import records, hazard analysis, etc. 

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!

Weebus!

FurFarmandFork

Food Safety Consultant, Production Supervisor

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,264 posts
  • 590 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 02 February 2018 - 05:30 PM

In the new FSVP climate, every supplier should have a contract of some kind detailing in  writing who is responsible for what. I'd get it done.

Austin Bouck
Owner/Consultant at Fur, Farm, and Fork.
Consulting for companies needing effective, lean food safety systems and solutions.

Subscribe to the blog at furfarmandfork.com for food safety research, insights, and analysis.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users