• IFSQN Associate
  • 27 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 15 March 2018 - 06:21 PM

Hello All,

We are trying to get our company certified by the end of the year and I am trying to understand clause 3.6.4. So, I would like to know how do we prove that suppliers/specifications have been reviewed and recorded?

Your information would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

sarahqa

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 23 posts
  • 4 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 15 March 2018 - 07:49 PM

At my last company with two BRC facilities (both AA), we always just used the suppliers' specifications for raw materials and packaging and required them to be dated within the last 3 years. If they sent us an older specification or one without a date, we required a separate letter stating that it was still current and approved. For our finished product specifications, we reviewed them annually and wrote the last review date, and kept a revision log on the document.

Peaches

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 134 posts
  • 123 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States

Posted 20 March 2018 - 11:41 AM

Hello All,

We are trying to get our company certified by the end of the year and I am trying to understand clause 3.6.4. So, I would like to know how do we prove that suppliers/specifications have been reviewed and recorded?

Your information would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

We developed our own raw material specifications that are signed and dated by the buyer, plant manager, and QA.  Where we do use the supplier specifications, we stamp the actual specification with 'Approved', initial, and date. Our program states that we maintain a list of raw materials and they are reviewed every three years or as part of our New Product Process (i.e. a new product is brought in, we review to make sure our spec is updated or if we require a new one for new material).  For our finished product specifications, we maintain a register that is in excel, with the item #, description, date of last review, and initials. 

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 20 March 2018 - 12:28 PM

Hi Peaches,

as per 3.6.3, IMEX raw material specifications are always mutually agreed on and signed for by supplier/receiver on the same document. A question of Policy. This automates things like the 3-years issue.

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Murae

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 67 posts
  • 6 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 21 March 2018 - 10:52 AM

Peaches, what i currently use is an excel spreadsheet with all suppliers down the left hand side and along each supplier is company info, what products they supply, what certification they have and what kind of questionnaire they have signed (we have different questionnaires based on company accreditation)

All of this information is cell formatted by date so that we will be alerted when a companies accreditation/questionnaire/specifications are almost expired. Each of this information has links to the required document for the auditor to see and has dates so it shows when each part of information was completed.

Murae

GrumpyJimmy

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 123 posts
  • 28 thanks
Neutral

• Wales
    Wales
  • Interests:IronMan Competitor & Film lover
    IFSQN Member of the Month July 2017 and chuffin proud!

Posted 21 March 2018 - 04:45 PM

Hi Peaches, Personally i wrote a procedure to explain what my site does and adhere to that. I have spreadsheet of all suppliers and short links to folders that either contain their certification or to their particular agreed specifications. Each year if a change has happened or every 3 years if not, i review what i have and ask to have updated copies that contain new dates to help show that they have also checked the specification with their signature and i sign and date it and attach it to their file. I also review the procedure and change the date to a new issue to show that i have re-evaluated and am happy it still is satisfactory. This would be documented on the document register also. I do look at high risk suppliers more often than 3 years, usually every year.

Hope this helps

J

Thanked by 1 Member:

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users