Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 5 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• South Africa
    South Africa

Posted 19 March 2018 - 06:08 PM

Hi there. I am very new to BRC and implementing the system. I write a lot og GlobalGap systems for farms and packhouses but got tbe new challenge of writing a BRC system for a packhouse. Is there any online training courses for BRC or does any one know where I can maybe buy a BRC system and rewright it. I am pussed for time and I really need help. Please if anybody will be so kind in giving me some indepth guidance with BRC I will appriciate it so much. Regards Jani

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,223 posts
  • 1288 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 20 March 2018 - 03:50 AM

Hi Jani,

For your information the IFSQN offer a BRC (Issue 7) Food Safety and Quality Management System

Kind regards,

Tony

Jani

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 5 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• South Africa
    South Africa

Posted 25 March 2018 - 06:00 PM

Thanks Tony.

One more thing can you maybe explain to me Raw Materials. What it is and the risk assessme ts I need to do. I just want to know what is viewed as raw materials. I do grape pack houses and some oranges and green peppers and cucumbers. I dont know how to approach the whole raw matarial thing.

Regards
JANI

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,223 posts
  • 1288 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 26 March 2018 - 11:17 AM

Hi Jani,

The BRC definition is: Raw material Any base material or semi-finished material used by the organisation for the manufacture of a product. Raw material includes packaging material.

Clearly your fruits and vegetables would still need to meet supplier assurance, risk assessment and monitoring requirements as per clauses:
3.5 SUPPLIER AND RAW MATERIAL APPROVAL AND PERFORMANCE MONITORING
3.5.1 MANAGEMENT OF SUPPLIERS OF RAW MATERIALS AND PACKAGING
3.5.2 RAW MATERIAL AND PACKAGING ACCEPTANCE AND MONITORING PROCEDURES
e.g. from BRC Guidance - Interpretation Acceptance of raw materials:
The acceptance or goods-in system must include a documented procedure which requires checks to be completed and any non-conformities recorded.
The procedure should document who is authorised to accept conforming materials and reject non-conforming batches, and the action to be taken.
In addition to checking the accuracy of the order to ensure the correct materials, grades and quantities have been delivered, specific checks will be based on the risk assessment (refer to clause 3.5.1.1) and the specification (refer to clauses 3.6.1 to 3.6.4).

Kind regards,

Tony

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users