m.erzetti

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 62 posts
  • 25 thanks
Neutral

• Italy
    Italy
  • Interests:Consultant for ISO 9001; ISO 17025; ISO 22000; BRC & IFS. I worked at the University of Perugia in the CERB (Italian Brewing Research Centre) as Quality Manager (ISO 9001 - ISO 17025)

Posted 27 March 2018 - 10:48 AM

Good morning,

a factory that produce ready to eat soybean bud, form the seeds to the bud (the germination of the seeds is made in the water and not into the land)  and then package it, have to apply the BRC standard to te all production or only in the packaging step?

The BRC food dosen't cover the first production. I have to apply the BRC food standard to all the production cycle?

Scampi

Fellow

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 5,444 posts
  • 1507 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 27 March 2018 - 02:29 PM

if I understand you correctly, you are bringing in raw soybeans, germinating them in water then packaging, then yes you would need BRC to certify the entire process from start to finish

You're selling soybean sprouts?  Fresh?

Please stop referring to me as Sir/sirs

Thanked by 1 Member:

m.erzetti

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 62 posts
  • 25 thanks
Neutral

• Italy
    Italy
  • Interests:Consultant for ISO 9001; ISO 17025; ISO 22000; BRC & IFS. I worked at the University of Perugia in the CERB (Italian Brewing Research Centre) as Quality Manager (ISO 9001 - ISO 17025)

Posted 27 March 2018 - 02:37 PM

Yes the factory is producing fresh soybean sprouts. The flowchart is correct raw soybeans, germinating them in water then packaging.

The Italian legislation say that the packaging area should be in 14° C and the final product have to be stored under 8°C. 

I think the risk area (packaging) should be in AMBIENT HIGH CARE and not in HIGH CARE.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users