• Quick Navigation
Photo

How long before a sanitized tank's clean status will expire?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

ratanowski

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 6 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 16 April 2018 - 06:30 PM

Is there any documentation out there regarding how long a tank will stay sanitized?

I understand performing a cleaning validation/in house validation would be the best way to go about setting a sanitation expiry, but is there any data out there to help me along?

Thanks!

FurFarmandFork

Food Safety Consultant, Production Supervisor

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,264 posts
  • 590 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 16 April 2018 - 09:29 PM

Without a validation, my basic rule of thumb would be that whatever your sanitation interval is good for if you were to run continuously, that's how long the equipment stays "clean".

E.g. if you were to run continuously out of a tank for one shift before requiring it to be sanitized, then a sanitize event is good for one shift.

Austin Bouck
Owner/Consultant at Fur, Farm, and Fork.
Consulting for companies needing effective, lean food safety systems and solutions.

Subscribe to the blog at furfarmandfork.com for food safety research, insights, and analysis.

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 16 April 2018 - 09:37 PM

Is there any documentation out there regarding how long a tank will stay sanitized?

I understand performing a cleaning validation/in house validation would be the best way to go about setting a sanitation expiry, but is there any data out there to help me along?

Thanks!

Logically you need to specify what you mean by "unsanitized".? Or is that the (implied) query in yr OP ?

Additionally, without knowing yr specific usage details, yr question is IMO unanswerable. Some data is required.

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users