Hello awesome people of IFSQN,
can someone please offer the explanation to BRC Food Safety Clause 2.3.2-''All relevant information needed to conduct hazard analysis shall be collected, maintained, documented & updated...........................as a guide this may include'
- The latest scientific literature? - I am not very sure about this one. Should we have some relevant latest scientific books/ journals written about microorganism in food on site? Any relevant microbiological reference material etc. Maybe something about cooking, cleaning etc.
- Historical & known hazards related with specific food products? - For a confectionery company, this might be allergens present in raw material i.e. peanuts, wheat, milk, soy, tree nuts, Handling of flavours etc-(Flavours in their pure form are very toxic and flammable)
- Relevant codes of practice?- This will be a copy of Food Standards Australia & New Zealand.
- Recognised guidelines? Food legislation in New Zealand, Codex Alimentarius, MPI- Ministry of Primary Industries NZ Food safety guidelines.
- Food safety legislation relevant to the production & sale of products?- Food legislation in New Zealand, Food Standards Australia & New Zealand.
- Customer Requirments? - Do these requirements have to be in written form?
We are a confectionery company in New Zealand making candies, fudges, nougats, paste products and jersey caramels.
Sorry for the long post.I have just started working in the food business and I have been given the task of putting BRC food Safety programme together I am sincerely thankful to everybody for their help