• IFSQN Associate
  • 42 posts
  • 13 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 03 May 2018 - 04:20 PM

Thanks for having me!
I am a Manufacturing Quality professional, but new to the food and beverage packaging industry, and new to Alabama.

Among my current projects, I need to renovate our HACCP plan, which was done at corporate level some years ago and does not adequately address the requirements of the plant (AIB audit comment).

As a secondary packaging plant (no food contacts our containers) do we really have any CCPs

jcieslowski

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 196 posts
  • 61 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 03 May 2018 - 05:04 PM

1. a HACCP plan can have no CCPS.  

2. Make sure you're considering all the new HARPC things like sabotage on any foreign supplier issues

3.To know if you really have any CCPS you need to go through and actually do the hazard analysis.  Follow the flow diagram (after you make it if need be) 

Thanked by 1 Member:

Michelle W

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 5 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 09 October 2019 - 01:59 PM

Thanks for having me!
I am a Manufacturing Quality professional, but new to the food and beverage packaging industry, and new to Alabama.

Among my current projects, I need to renovate our HACCP plan, which was done at corporate level some years ago and does not adequately address the requirements of the plant (AIB audit comment).

As a secondary packaging plant (no food contacts our containers) do we really have any CCPs

hi Will,

We also do secondary packaging (warehouse/pull/ship as well as repackaging of already-packaged food products, etc.) and are gearing up for SQF level 2 certification. I'm finding that most of the HACCP and SQF requirements don't apply to our business at all, based on the fact that we never actually touch food products. Are you finding this as well? Have you become SQF certified, and if yes, what module?

Thanks much!

Michelle

(Michigan)

Thanked by 1 Member:

will.merrill

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 42 posts
  • 13 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 17 October 2019 - 03:27 PM

Michelle- I think you are on track. The reason we revised our HACCP plan was two successive auditors critically questioned why we had CCPs... I was new to HACCP and couldn't explain a legacy corporate document to my own satisfaction. We started over from scratch, and have had several other audits since then without issue. No CCPs. Prerequisite programs eliminate all dangers.

We are now Pursuing SQF 8.1 though... so we'll change it again. Still anticipate no CCPs.

Michelle W

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 5 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 17 October 2019 - 03:58 PM

Michelle- I think you are on track. The reason we revised our HACCP plan was two successive auditors critically questioned why we had CCPs... I was new to HACCP and couldn't explain a legacy corporate document to my own satisfaction. We started over from scratch, and have had several other audits since then without issue. No CCPs. Prerequisite programs eliminate all dangers.

We are now Pursuing SQF 8.1 though... so we'll change it again. Still anticipate no CCPs.

Hi Will, we too are pursuing SQF 8.1 (module 12). You said above that "Prerequisite programs eliminate all dangers." Could you describe the prereq programs you're talking about? Are they checklists, or internal audits, or...? Just want to make sure we are making use of all of the tools available out there as we move into this certification. :)

Thanks!!

Michelle

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users