• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Pakistan
    Pakistan

Posted 09 May 2018 - 10:12 AM

Dear Respected Users,

I need your assistance urgently, I am implementing the ISO 22000 System in Offset Printing & Packaging company, could anyone share me the exact HACCP study of Offset Printing and Packaging or Potential CCPs of Offset Printing and Packaging, currently company manufactures Packaging for Pharmaceuticals and Food Processors.

Regards,

Ahmed Khan

will.merrill

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 42 posts
  • 13 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 10 May 2018 - 07:50 PM

Ahmed- please share whatever files you receive! I would like to see the responses as well.

dgt39

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 34 posts
  • 7 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 18 May 2018 - 08:25 AM

Hi Ahmed

We are an offset printing company in the UK producing food and pharma cartons. We have determined that we do not have any CCP's anywhere in our process. We do however have Process Control Points covering risks such as purchasing of raw material, artwork receipt and approval, wrong ink selection for food work, use of UV cured inks and coatings, loss of print image or text etc.

Hoosiersmoker

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 683 posts
  • 228 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 18 May 2018 - 04:09 PM

Hi Ahmed, We are a paperboard converter / packaging manufacturer (including offset and flexo printing). dgt39 is correct. As you are not a food manufacturer by default you should not find CCPs. dgt39 stated they use Process Control Points. As an SQF certified plant with an additional quality system endorsement, we call these CQPs, Critical Quality Points as they don't effect Food Safety. It's the same thing with a different name basically. You still will have to perform the steps of HACCP but your finding will likely be the level of risk is controlled with procedures you likely already have in place. There are hundreds of free HACCP guides and resources available online. I attached the one I found for us. Hopefully this will help.

Hoosiersmoker

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 683 posts
  • 228 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 18 May 2018 - 04:10 PM

Hi Ahmed, We are a paperboard converter / packaging manufacturer (including offset and flexo printing). dgt39 is correct. As you are not a food manufacturer by default you should not find CCPs. dgt39 stated they use Process Control Points. As an SQF certified plant with an additional quality system endorsement, we call these CQPs, Critical Quality Points as they don't effect Food Safety. It's the same thing with a different name basically. You still will have to perform the steps of HACCP but your finding will likely be the level of risk is controlled with procedures you likely already have in place. There are hundreds of free HACCP guides and resources available online. I attached the one I found for us. Hopefully this will help

Here's the attachment, sorry

Attached Files

Thanked by 1 Member:

CMHeywood

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 457 posts
  • 119 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 19 June 2018 - 05:14 PM

HACCP was first developed to address contamination of food products.  Thus, the idea of a Critical Control Point (CCP) addressed how existing contamination of a food product would be handled.

Thus, you probably do not have any CCP's that refer to contamination elimination or reduction.

However, you probably do have critical quality points (quality checks):  correct color, no missing print, in register print, line clearance, correct labeling, etc.

You probably have contamination procedures to make sure your storage, material handling, printing and finishing processes do not introduce contamination.  These would likely be addressed in prerequisite programs or operational control programs.

I work for a company that produces printed packaging materials for food contact.  We have not identified any CCP's.  We do have control programs that address contamination that can occur during our handling and processing.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users