Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 11 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 20 May 2018 - 05:07 AM

Hello , I need help from an expert in controlling stored product pest. when do i say that a product is pest infested? is there a defect level for pest? 

do i consider it pest infested if there is a sighting of 2 weevil on surface

mohamed ahmed yusuf

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 190 posts
  • 40 thanks
Good

• Egypt
    Egypt
  • Interests:Reading, Listening music, handball , volleyball, food safety, drawing , R&D, Photoshop

Posted 20 May 2018 - 09:26 AM

Hello Joyjael, 

about IPM and pests , in insects there is a concept which is ( 1= many ) as to have two weevils that's mean that you only see two but maybe there are many more than those but hidden ( the pore, window, door which they came from is not selective , it won't enter only 2 but more than two).

So what you have to do is :

1. Weevils be active during night more so my advice for you to have glue sheets spreading around the warehouse on the doors sides ( right and left) and on walls on about 1-2 meters height from the ground , these sheets will be able to show us if there is more or not and where exactly the infestation?

2. Checking the whole place by visual inspection ( dead ends, hidden parts , pallets and other things) to be able to determine if there was a nest in the same place or not. 

If you have any other inquiries, please don't hesitate. 

Regards 

Mohamed  

M.Yusuf

joyjael

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 11 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 20 May 2018 - 10:43 AM

Thank you mohamed. May I ask for measures on how to detect psocids in rice and flour?

mohamed ahmed yusuf

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 190 posts
  • 40 thanks
Good

• Egypt
    Egypt
  • Interests:Reading, Listening music, handball , volleyball, food safety, drawing , R&D, Photoshop

Posted 20 May 2018 - 02:24 PM

Well, 

I should tell you at first , any infestation could be realized when it became a disaster and i mean with disaster here huge numbers so the first stage to stop this infestation is to have trusted vendors with a policy on how to deal with them

About detection , i think the best thing is to have light traps (UV traps) which will assist you to evaluate the whole situation, these UV lamps should be on walls on Height 2 m from the floor and to be away from sunlight.   

M.Yusuf

redfox

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 481 posts
  • 163 thanks
Excellent

• Philippines
    Philippines

Posted 21 May 2018 - 01:05 AM

Hello,

Make a trend analysis based on you data of your Pest Management Program.

regards,

redfox

Thanked by 1 Member:

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users