• Quick Navigation
Photo

Pest Trending Analysis

Share this

Best Answer , 08 June 2018 - 09:27 AM

Also done reading pc6 -- p 28/33 -- a good reference, indeed; though, no indication of low,med,high but there is a corresponding corrective actions.

please correct me if i am wrong, would this be applied in a specific location within the facility? 

and..- for insects and arachnids -- the critical limit -- indicates "unacceptable increase..in activity" --- up to what % increase is usually unacceptable?

Well, the pc6 operational corrective control action is predictably similar in all cases (eg No.2). One would logically also do a RCA IMEX, (ie = Why?)

A typical trend anaysis sets an (acceptable) baseline then monitors for significant changes. I anticipate an (acceptable) baseline will vary with location/species/season etc.

(some trend examples are in 2 links in my referenced link). Corrective actions are based on individual reports (eg see pc3) + trends.

The setting of insect thresholds (and particularly the difficulties) with respect to trends,etc is discussed in detail in pc9. IMEX Pest Control Services use accumulated data/local experience to advise on this aspect. That's one way they promote their business. :smile:

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

amclico

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 9 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• Philippines
    Philippines

Posted 08 June 2018 - 12:52 AM

Hi All,

I would like to open a topic on pest threshold levels given the following scenario with questions -- for pest controller, food facility QA.. and concerned functions

When you ought to do pest activity trend analyses,

1: what kind (i.e. any minimum standards available?) of threshold level are you using? Any terminologies, values for low, medium, high?

2: how to compute or assign numerical values on L, M, H?

3: Other than pest history trending data, and if data is not available for the specific premise , what are the other basis, or baseline data, that you may refer from in order to determine L,M,H levels?

4. How are you sure that you set the right thresholds? What are your considerations?

Really looking forward to any feedback in this community.

Thank you so much in advance!!

Thanked by 1 Member:

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 08 June 2018 - 04:16 AM

Hi All,

I would like to open a topic on pest threshold levels given the following scenario with questions -- for pest controller, food facility QA.. and concerned functions

When you ought to do pest activity trend analyses,

1: what kind (i.e. any minimum standards available?) of threshold level are you using? Any terminologies, values for low, medium, high?

2: how to compute or assign numerical values on L, M, H?

3: Other than pest history trending data, and if data is not available for the specific premise , what are the other basis, or baseline data, that you may refer from in order to determine L,M,H levels?

4. How are you sure that you set the right thresholds? What are your considerations?

Really looking forward to any feedback in this community.

Thank you so much in advance!!

Hi margauxlico,

Pest control is typically a SSOP / Prerequisite Program. So detailed LMH risk assessment evaluations are usually not involved.

Some background on yr query in  this post/thread (and many others here) -

http://www.ifsqn.com...is/#entry111385

One would anticipate that the preferred frequency of rat sightings be zero. But unrealistic for many/(most?) commodities.

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

amclico

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 9 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• Philippines
    Philippines

Posted 08 June 2018 - 06:55 AM

Hello Charles.

I already read and checked the other threads before posting, still cannot find the detailed and specific answer on the values/numbers/pest count  indicating L M H level of risk of the pest activity-- that i can use as baseline data for of pest trending interpretation.. Otherwise, there's really no detailed  information to support this one?

I read one reply from the threads that --- we cannot pick up numbers from the air, but one we can consider if it is acceptable, and achievable---

so, where should i start if i dont have any historical data? can i use my personal judgement in setting a baseline--?

thanks again

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
    TV
    Movies

Posted 08 June 2018 - 08:00 AM

Hello Charles.

I already read and checked the other threads before posting, still cannot find the detailed and specific answer on the values/numbers/pest count  indicating L M H level of risk of the pest activity-- that i can use as baseline data for of pest trending interpretation.. Otherwise, there's really no detailed  information to support this one?

I read one reply from the threads that --- we cannot pick up numbers from the air, but one we can consider if it is acceptable, and achievable---

so, where should i start if i dont have any historical data? can i use my personal judgement in setting a baseline--?

thanks again

Maybe re-read file pc6

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

amclico

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 9 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• Philippines
    Philippines

Posted 08 June 2018 - 08:30 AM

Maybe re-read file pc6

Also done reading pc6 -- p 28/33 -- a good reference, indeed; though, no indication of low,med,high but there is a corresponding corrective actions.

please correct me if i am wrong, would this be applied in a specific location within the facility? 

and..- for insects and arachnids -- the critical limit -- indicates "unacceptable increase..in activity" --- up to what % increase is usually unacceptable?

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
    TV
    Movies

Posted 08 June 2018 - 09:27 AM   Best Answer

Well, the pc6 operational corrective control action is predictably similar in all cases (eg No.2). One would logically also do a RCA IMEX, (ie = Why?)

A typical trend anaysis sets an (acceptable) baseline then monitors for significant changes. I anticipate an (acceptable) baseline will vary with location/species/season etc.

(some trend examples are in 2 links in my referenced link). Corrective actions are based on individual reports (eg see pc3) + trends.

The setting of insect thresholds (and particularly the difficulties) with respect to trends,etc is discussed in detail in pc9. IMEX Pest Control Services use accumulated data/local experience to advise on this aspect. That's one way they promote their business. :smile:

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Gerard H.

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 411 posts
  • 131 thanks
Excellent

• France
    France

Posted 08 June 2018 - 03:10 PM

Dear Amclico,

Indeed, the trend analyses are made from data on the targeted species. The targeted species is the undesired pest in your company.

The objective is to work toward a pest free company. You will need to have a pest prevention plan and to work seriously on this topic.

https://qualitic4u.c...t-free-company/

Kind regards,

Gerard Heerkens

Share this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pest, pest hazards, pest control, threshold levels, critical limits, pest risks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users