• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• New Zealand
    New Zealand

Posted 12 June 2018 - 04:05 AM

Hi everyone,

i work in a food manufacturing company, we have a production area where we make retail shelf stable products, in this area we implemented successfully a traceability procedure. right now i need to implement a traceability system for our fresh kitchen ( we are retailing salads which have 2 days shelf life), as the vegetables and fruits don't have a batch code i was planning to use as a register the delivery date and when it was used, the main problem that i have is we produce in bulk so every day we receive new fresh items and that will leave me at the end of the month with a huge traceability sheet.

does any one faced something similar in the past? any suggestion on how to fix this?

Thanks !

chrcia

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 61 posts
  • 15 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 12 June 2018 - 10:48 AM

When I was in charge of my Produce manufacturing plant we had our receiver on his receiving sheet record all of the lot numbers on the products that he received. that was step one. Then on the production sheets that were given to each team those lot numbers were transferred to the production team sheets. From there we were able to know what lots of raw materials went in to which products. As the final products were produced the production code was used for
traceability to the main distributor. I had the advantage of being a subsidiary of the main distributor so all of my products went to one customer for my one up traceability. The parent company then sold/distributed the product to our customer base. I hope this information gives you a starting point, Please reach back out if you need help with this endeavor.

mychell

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 13 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 12 June 2018 - 04:54 PM

What we do since we receive alot of the produce directly from the farm is I require the farm to record field number, date picked, and amount of produce on their paperwork. We then copy that onto our receiving records, and that is also recorded on production records. That way we can trace exactly where it came from throughout the process.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users