• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 11 July 2018 - 07:15 AM

Hi All,

I'm viswanath. Working as Sr. Executive in UPL limited. Now we are implementing safety ISO & I need to write the SOP. I need the details about the maximum height of the stack that can be maintained when material stored in HDPE bags in cold storage. Also I need the distance of pallet shall be maintained from the cold storage wall in side.

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Viswanath

pHruit

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 2,071 posts
  • 849 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Composing/listening to classical music, electronics, mountain biking, science, sarcasm

Posted 11 July 2018 - 12:14 PM

Hi Viswanath,
The spacing from the wall may depend a bit on exactly which standard you're pursuing.
In general GMP would suggest that there should be space to clean and allow for proper inspection behind anything stored near a wall, with 50cm being a common starting point.

We have used 50cm for years based on general GMP requirements, and this was perfectly acceptable for the OHSAS18001 certification we've just done.

The pallet stacking question is very dependent on exactly what you're stacking - packaging type, stacking pattern, weight, pallet type, wrapping/banding, use of any corner supports etc all have a significant impact, and you may therefore also find that the maximum safe/stable height could vary between different products. Some of our clients also set maximum heights for pallets (this varies between 1.2m and 1.6m) so you may also need to take this into account.

Sorry it's not an exact answer, but I'm not sure that is possible without a lot more detail.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users