Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 167 posts
  • 25 thanks
Good

• Canada
    Canada
  • Interests:Sports of course.
    Food safety for all things eaten not just what we make.
    Being able to see my kids grow up in healthy environment.

Posted 27 July 2018 - 08:01 PM

Hello all. Looking for a little advice.

We have a production line that has been set up for many years with a flow diagram that has always worked.  It is a very intense flow diagram with 92 steps.  Now we are going to add to this production line the introduction of a new packaging system.  Currently the finished product is pack into 3-6lb bags and packed in a case.  Now we will add the new pack line which is a tray pack.  Depending on product we will use one or the other during production.  My dilemma is that the old pack line has 15 steps, the new pack line has integrated many of the steps into one piece of equipment so there are only seven steps. Both lines then converge on a take away system to the freezer.  I am not sure if I can show both flows on one diagram or should I have 2?  The big issue would be the number sequence and how would or should it go?  Any thoughts.   

Attached is the portion of the flow diagram that my headache is revolving around. :shutup:  :shutup:  :shutup:

Attached Files

jdpaul

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 256 posts
  • 221 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 28 July 2018 - 12:31 AM

Hi Jim,

In order for me to help can you finish the arrows (e.g., bowl filler does not show any flow/movement, same for others underneath bowl filler)?

I need to understand complete movement. Another thing you could do is just give me the list of sequence steps in sequential order.

Edited by jdpaul, 28 July 2018 - 12:32 AM.

mgourley

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,403 posts
  • 997 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Cooking, golf, firearms, food safety and sanitation.

Posted 28 July 2018 - 12:40 AM

It is a bit confusing with just the partial.

Marshall

And as an aside, with something this complex, this way of doing it in Excel is probably not the best way.

Edited by mgourley, 28 July 2018 - 12:43 AM.

Ashfaq Hussain

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 60 posts
  • 6 thanks
Neutral

• Pakistan
    Pakistan
  • Interests:Food safety and Quality.
    HACCP/ PRP & oPRP.
    Pest management and chemical handling.
    Operation and supply chain.

Posted 28 July 2018 - 07:38 AM

It is a bit confusing with just the partial.

Marshall

And as an aside, with something this complex, this way of doing it in Excel is probably not the best way.

Hello all. Looking for a little advice.

We have a production line that has been set up for many years with a flow diagram that has always worked.  It is a very intense flow diagram with 92 steps.  Now we are going to add to this production line the introduction of a new packaging system.  Currently the finished product is pack into 3-6lb bags and packed in a case.  Now we will add the new pack line which is a tray pack.  Depending on product we will use one or the other during production.  My dilemma is that the old pack line has 15 steps, the new pack line has integrated many of the steps into one piece of equipment so there are only seven steps. Both lines then converge on a take away system to the freezer.  I am not sure if I can show both flows on one diagram or should I have 2?  The big issue would be the number sequence and how would or should it go?  Any thoughts.   

Attached is the portion of the flow diagram that my headache is revolving around. :shutup:  :shutup:  :shutup:

Hi,

you can add more steps in Hi, you can add more steps in HACCP Process flow diagram like a details on process condition, Rework stages, waste generation, Process parameters. Regards, Ashfaq

Jim E.

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 167 posts
  • 25 thanks
Good

• Canada
    Canada
  • Interests:Sports of course.
    Food safety for all things eaten not just what we make.
    Being able to see my kids grow up in healthy environment.

Posted 30 July 2018 - 02:19 PM

Hello folks sorry for some of the confusion.  The flow will be an either or situation.  At step 68 the product will go through either the flow 68-86 or it will flow over to the new equipment that we will be installing that is not numbered at this time depending on product being produced. Then after the elevators the product will be back on the same flow going onto the rapistan for palletizing and then into the freezer. My thought is to number the new line 86 (bowl feeder)- 94 (spiral elevator) and make the rapistan 95 and go forward.

:shades:

Edited by Jim E., 30 July 2018 - 02:20 PM.

Scampi

Fellow

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 5,444 posts
  • 1507 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 30 July 2018 - 04:22 PM

Can you use microsoft Vimeo?  It will allow you to make this change fairly easily.

Add an adendum page with an arrow from the point at which the 2 pack lines diverge then you can just add it as a new addition without having to rewrite the entire flow

Please stop referring to me as Sir/sirs

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users