• Quick Navigation
Photo

HACCP Decision matrix (likelihood/ severity) Substantial or not ?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Ashfaq Hussain

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 60 posts
  • 6 thanks
Neutral

• Pakistan
    Pakistan
  • Interests:Food safety and Quality.
    HACCP/ PRP & oPRP.
    Pest management and chemical handling.
    Operation and supply chain.

Posted 04 August 2018 - 05:05 PM

Dear All,

I am working on the shredded Iceberg Lettuce and little bit to confuse with the HACCP Decision matrix (likelihood/ severity) Substantial or not substantial.

I have attached the file for all of you for reference kindly checked and suggest me, the direction is correct.

Your input will be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Ashfaq Hussain

Attached Files

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 04 August 2018 - 10:49 PM

Dear All,

I am working on the shredded Iceberg Lettuce and little bit to confuse with the HACCP Decision matrix (likelihood/ severity) Substantial or not substantial.

I have attached the file for all of you for reference kindly checked and suggest me, the direction is correct.

Your input will be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Ashfaq Hussain

Hi Ashfaq,

Thks for the file.

i assume finished product is RTE.

No flowchart is given so Steps 4-10,12 are unknown.

Steps 3-8 of 2nd hazard analysis are absent.

Comments might depend on which (if any) FS Standard is involved. (Different standards may specify different requirements, formats etc).

There seem to be  2 sets of hazard Analyses (say HA1, HA2) ?. HA1/Process is a Question table partially related to Codex. HA2/All  is another Table similar to the Codex Decision Tree.

Most of the statements in last column of HA1/ raw materials don't make sense with respect to adjacent column..

IMO columns 4/5 of HA1/process are confusing.

It seems to me that the decision process in HA2 at Step9 that hazard of chlorine is a CCP doesn't make sense (eg see answer Q3).  (If this were a washing step, chlorine is typically the control measure at a CCP related to controlling bacterial  contamination in washwater).

The Pictorial Codex decision Tree has a wrong "Yes" between boxes Q3/Q4.

The decision matrix looks OK to me although the use of "numbers" in likelihood column may cause some quantitative complexities.

The 4th paragraph of introductory text on Pg5 is inconsistent with the caption on the Table of pg7.

The inclusion of chlorine as a significant hazard/CCP in overall master plan is atypical (see comment above).

If this was a 1st attempt, it's a decent start but i don't understand why there are 2 "solutions" ?

PS - JFI here is one example (Canadian) of a haccp plan for fresh produce which uses a table version of Codex decision tree but no (direct) risk matrix -

Attached File  CFIA - HACCP Generic Model for Fresh produce, Ready-To-Eat Fresh-Cut Vegetables.pdf   427.04KB   115 downloads

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

CMHeywood

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 457 posts
  • 119 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 10 August 2018 - 07:07 PM

The company I work for has three different hazard analyses:

• Raw and Packaging Materials
  • Processing (example: oil dripping from machine)
  • General - employee clothing, environment (dust blowing in through windows), etc.

Your spreadsheet is mixing process and materials.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users