• IFSQN Active
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Egypt
    Egypt

Posted 06 August 2018 - 04:56 PM

Dear Colleagues, 

We are a trading company buying directly from suppliers and selling to customers worldwide (no warehousing nor contracted forwarders).

Our process starts with receiving the sales manager report and ends with shipment clearance at customer destination.

I have given a deep thought and followed decision trees for every step in the process to assign critical limits and points.

Though, I am having difficulty determining which is which. I have attached the process for your kind opinion.

Thanks, 

Mohamed Sarhan 

Attached Files

gazza1973

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 40 posts
  • 12 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 09 August 2018 - 10:45 AM

Hi Mohamed,

I have looked at the HACCP flow.
I think you need a bit more information for example your CCP's (goods intake) ( metal detection) are not indicated
Do you have any QCP's
if you are repacking how do you do that?

I hope this is of help but if you wont me to look at it again send it to me.

Thanks

pHruit

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 2,072 posts
  • 849 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Composing/listening to classical music, electronics, mountain biking, science, sarcasm

Posted 09 August 2018 - 02:06 PM

Hi Mohamed,
Are you looking at this with a view to achieving a specific certification standard?
If so, I'd recommend reviewing the requirements for that standard - for example, BRC Agents & Brokers puts a variety of requirements into the risk assessment (HACCP) section that you'd not normally find in a HACCP plan, so you may need to take those into account.

Given that you aren't doing any sort of physical manufacturing process it is possible that you don't have any CCPs (indeed that's also possible even in a real manufacturing process ;) ), but this could depend on e.g. the nature of the products, and also the scope of the plan (again considering e.g. requirements for some of the certification standards that take this a bit outside the scope of traditional HACCP).

Your process flow is possibly missing inputs / outputs in some areas - e.g. you're adding labels so they'd be an extra input (IMO), and there is a possibility that cargo may arrive damaged and be rejected, or customs clearance may be unsuccessful/delayed, or the customer may reject the product - these (and others) could all need to be considered within the flow diagram in terms of what happens to the stock and where it goes.

You may decide that certain of these stages are potential CCPs, but the risk and likelihood will depend very much on your product types - if it is long life ambient rather than a short shelf life chilled product then a delay at customs is going to be insignificant, whereas for the latter it could be more problematic.

Dr Vu

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 235 posts
  • 51 thanks
Good

• Canada
    Canada
  • Interests:Action movies...

Posted 09 August 2018 - 07:55 PM

Am lost.what are you sampling or labelling?

A vu in time , saves nine

mohmedsrhan

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Egypt
    Egypt

Posted 19 August 2018 - 12:47 PM

Hi Mohamed,

I have looked at the HACCP flow.
I think you need a bit more information for example your CCP's (goods intake) ( metal detection) are not indicated
Do you have any QCP's
if you are repacking how do you do that?

I hope this is of help but if you wont me to look at it again send it to me.

Thanks

Here is the attahced HACCP again. we do not have a factory. we are traders

Hi Mohamed,
Are you looking at this with a view to achieving a specific certification standard?
If so, I'd recommend reviewing the requirements for that standard - for example, BRC Agents & Brokers puts a variety of requirements into the risk assessment (HACCP) section that you'd not normally find in a HACCP plan, so you may need to take those into account.

Given that you aren't doing any sort of physical manufacturing process it is possible that you don't have any CCPs (indeed that's also possible even in a real manufacturing process ;) ), but this could depend on e.g. the nature of the products, and also the scope of the plan (again considering e.g. requirements for some of the certification standards that take this a bit outside the scope of traditional HACCP).

Your process flow is possibly missing inputs / outputs in some areas - e.g. you're adding labels so they'd be an extra input (IMO), and there is a possibility that cargo may arrive damaged and be rejected, or customs clearance may be unsuccessful/delayed, or the customer may reject the product - these (and others) could all need to be considered within the flow diagram in terms of what happens to the stock and where it goes.

You may decide that certain of these stages are potential CCPs, but the risk and likelihood will depend very much on your product types - if it is long life ambient rather than a short shelf life chilled product then a delay at customs is going to be insignificant, whereas for the latter it could be more problematic.

I am looking forward to be BRC certified for A&B. As we do not have any physical control with the product whatsoever. We buy products from suppliers (managed by their warehouse) and ship them directly to our customers. The flow i attached is what we actually do. I have listed Sampling and Cargo Loading as the 2 QCP my process. Do you happen to have these in such standard?

Am lost.what are you sampling or labelling?

Only labeling final-finished goods. Sampling smaller packaging (1 to 2 kg max) representing the actual shipped product)

mohmedsrhan

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Egypt
    Egypt

Posted 19 August 2018 - 12:50 PM

My apologies. Attached Process

Attached Files

Edited by mohmedsrhan, 19 August 2018 - 12:53 PM.

pHruit

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 2,072 posts
  • 849 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Composing/listening to classical music, electronics, mountain biking, science, sarcasm

Posted 22 August 2018 - 02:07 PM

Hi Mohamed,

Whilst you don't have "direct" control over the products, your business is presumably responsible for them during the stages covered in your flow diagram?
If so, I do think you'd want to check point 5 in section 2.5 of the standard: A process flow diagram shall be prepared to cover each step in the process from the purchase or acceptance of responsibility for products to acceptance of the products by the company's customer. As a guide, this should include:.... processes for damaged or rejected product."

We've been Agents & Brokers certified since Issue 1 first launched, and every auditor we've had has asked about this so I'd definitely recommend adding it before your first audit.

Our process is quite a lot more varied than yours (our main flow diagram has several steps that have separate flow diagrams of their own) so it's difficult to compare directly. Which steps are potentially CCPs, OPRPs etc will very much depend on the nature of the product too. What sort of products is this for, and how far are they transported, e.g. across international borders, into the EU or US from elsewhere?

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users