• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 4 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 11 August 2018 - 01:17 AM

Hello everyone,

we need an SOP or verbiage to define clean and sanitized ready for Production and portable dirty equipment or equipment that was sanitized earlier and thus separation tagging and such. too vauge?

Thanks.

jcieslowski

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 196 posts
  • 62 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 13 August 2018 - 12:20 PM

I'm not sure I understand your question, or if there is one.

Are you saying you need an SOP for tagging equipment as either clean or dirty?   Do you store your equipment dirty because, if so, I would advise against that.    My SOP would say, essentially:

1. After use, equipment is cleaned and sanitized before being stored according to the specific equipment SSOP

2. Before use, equipment undergoes a pre-op inspection looking for any build up, damages, contamination, etc.  (documented on some line start up document)

3. Equipment food contact surfaces are then sanitized before product is run (potentially ATP tests are done depending on your operation - and documented on some form)

Ryan H.

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 166 posts
  • 56 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Sports, traveling

Posted 13 August 2018 - 12:24 PM

Your idea for signage seems OK, however what are the differences in the clean and sanitized, and ready for production. I would not make it too difficult. 

I would have signage for needs clean and one for ready for use/ production, etc. 

Ready for use/ production: Properly cleaned and sanitized according to our XYZ SSOP (reference document number/ name)

Needs Cleaned: Equipment that requires the proper cleaning and sanitizing according to our XYZ SSOP, PRIOR to using. 

All the best, 

Ryan Heavner 

Scampi

Fellow

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 5,484 posts
  • 1511 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 13 August 2018 - 05:33 PM

Instead of doing all of that, why don't you just tag/tape dirty equipment with QA hold tags/tape?  I've used tape in the past, like police tape, but pre-printed to say QA HOLD black on yellow tape.

That way you could also use it at pre op as well for equipment that needs re-cleaned.

If you start tagging equipment that is good to go, you've now got foreign material to worry about

Please stop referring to me as Sir/sirs

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 227 posts
  • 69 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:Validation, basketball, chocolatier

Posted 14 August 2018 - 02:19 AM

In my experience is we only have one place for cleaned/sanitized equipment.  Dirty equipment is cleaned after used, we don't store dirty equipment.

If I get your question right, our practice is after we have cleaned the equipment, if it will be used the same day, no need to re clean and sanitize (wet process or optional). If to be used in the succeeding production days, will be re cleaned and sanitized (optional). Again, much will fall what is the risk in your environment for possible cross contamination and what is the risk of the product. Decision on when you will re-clean or re-sanitize maybe from the result of your validation (consider environment and the product it will be used).

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users