• Quick Navigation
Photo

Do you have concerns about your food safety/quality program?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

QualitySafetyPro

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 9 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 22 August 2018 - 07:11 PM

First, which country/province/location are you posting from?

Food Safety Audit Systems are more complex than just checking a box. Robust Food Safety Audit Programs are essential for the protection of retail chains and the continual development of effective, efficient and critical food safety practices. Technology continues to provide new and different approaches to the collection and analysis of audit results. However, the best designed audit program and supporting technology is only as good as auditors challenged with the consistent collection and interpretation of such data points. 

What are some existing challenge(s) in your food safety/quality program? 

Let's have a open forum around my topic and make this intriguing and FUN!

Edited by QualitySafetyPro, 22 August 2018 - 07:12 PM.

jcieslowski

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 196 posts
  • 61 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 27 August 2018 - 12:58 PM

I'm from Michigan, USA.

My current challenges are untangling the spaghetti program that I inherited when I took this position.  The last regulatory and food safety manager was very thorough but used a 'build as you go' approach which I think is common for starting out but needs to be redone once you 'get there'.  My current program is as if someone saw a broken pallet and said "add a pallet inspection SOP and form" but didn't tie it into the foreign material control program at all.  Then latter they saw a maintenance tool left behind and added a "tool inspection" SOP and form, again not tying it into the maintenance program.  Each time a new problem cropped up, it seems, a new sop, form, and program was created.  None of the issues were addressed in the already existing programs that should've addressed them.  This is a killer as not only does it make it really confusing to know which SOP to turn to but it also has resulted in my being buried under a mountain of '1 page forms' on a daily and weekly basis.  

I'm practicing  "It seems that perfection is attained not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing more to remove."

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 27 August 2018 - 01:05 PM

I'm from Michigan, USA.

My current challenges are untangling the spaghetti program that I inherited when I took this position.  The last regulatory and food safety manager was very thorough but used a 'build as you go' approach which I think is common for starting out but needs to be redone once you 'get there'.  My current program is as if someone saw a broken pallet and said "add a pallet inspection SOP and form" but didn't tie it into the foreign material control program at all.  Then latter they saw a maintenance tool left behind and added a "tool inspection" SOP and form, again not tying it into the maintenance program.  Each time a new problem cropped up, it seems, a new sop, form, and program was created.  None of the issues were addressed in the already existing programs that should've addressed them.  This is a killer as not only does it make it really confusing to know which SOP to turn to but it also has resulted in my being buried under a mountain of '1 page forms' on a daily and weekly basis.  

I'm practicing  "It seems that perfection is attained not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing more to remove."

Hi JCI,

Just as a possible forewarning -

http://www.ifsqn.com...-3/#entry130104

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

jcieslowski

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 196 posts
  • 61 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 27 August 2018 - 03:22 PM

How disappointing.  Thanks for the heads up.  Anyway, I don't think the topic is a bad one.  It's good to commiserate with what others are going through from time to time.  I'll just be sure to avoid any sales pitches.  :)

Scampi

Fellow

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 5,444 posts
  • 1507 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 27 August 2018 - 03:38 PM

My challenge is getting farmers to think like business people...............

Please stop referring to me as Sir/sirs

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users