• Quick Navigation
Photo

How do you develop a product release system?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic
- - - - -

ganeshkashinath

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 50 posts
  • 6 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 06 September 2018 - 11:21 AM

Hi all ,

How do you develop a product release system in the given scenario,

1. Where we receive the raw materials in the morning, processed and dispatched on the same day. We would not have time for QC verification of raw material or finished product.

2. Raw materials are checked but no time for QC verification for the final product and the product is dispatched.  

What I plan to do is,  emphasise on the test report of the vendor, monitor process variables and despatch the product. Once we finish the QC and if its non-conforming we recall it. Guess, this needs a risk analysis for the SOP.  

Any suggestions would be very helpful regarding this. 

Best Regards,

Ganesh 

Scampi

Fellow

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 5,444 posts
  • 1507 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 06 September 2018 - 01:34 PM

Can you ship the product ON HOLD?  That way you've got time to review production records and then notify the customer it's ok to sell

Please stop referring to me as Sir/sirs

Thanked by 1 Member:

FSQA

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 315 posts
  • 126 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 06 September 2018 - 01:37 PM

Hi all ,

How do you develop a product release system in the given scenario,

1. Where we receive the raw materials in the morning, processed and dispatched on the same day. We would not have time for QC verification of raw material or finished product.

2. Raw materials are checked but no time for QC verification for the final product and the product is dispatched.  

What I plan to do is,  emphasise on the test report of the vendor, monitor process variables and despatch the product. Once we finish the QC and if its non-conforming we recall it. Guess, this needs a risk analysis for the SOP.  

Any suggestions would be very helpful regarding this. 

Best Regards,

Ganesh 

It goes directly to the consumer or it is shipped out for further processing to another processor? Is your Finished product considered a RTE product?

Thanked by 1 Member:

FurFarmandFork

Food Safety Consultant, Production Supervisor

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,264 posts
  • 590 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 06 September 2018 - 01:50 PM

Just define which attributes are pre-requisite to release and which aren't. Based on some kind of factor (production records complete, visual inspection) you consider the product okay to sell, but then perform end-item testing that isn't complete until after it has left your control.

This is extremely common for highly perishable products. E.g. fluid milk. You release under the assumption of negative results, and need to notify customer/recall in the event that a test indicates a problem after the fact.

Austin Bouck
Owner/Consultant at Fur, Farm, and Fork.
Consulting for companies needing effective, lean food safety systems and solutions.

Subscribe to the blog at furfarmandfork.com for food safety research, insights, and analysis.

Thanked by 1 Member:

redfox

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 481 posts
  • 163 thanks
Excellent

• Philippines
    Philippines

Posted 07 September 2018 - 12:58 AM

Hello Ganesh,

I'm puzzled why your system continues which you QC check is not done in religious manner. It is very risky accepting RM, process it and sending the FG to market with or without QC check. 

Positive product release document/record is the evidence that you release your product of good quality and safe to eat by the consumer.

regards,

redfox

ganeshkashinath

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 50 posts
  • 6 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 07 September 2018 - 07:41 AM

Can you ship the product ON HOLD?  That way you've got time to review production records and then notify the customer it's ok to sell

Hi , probbably need to thin kn the direction you are suggesting . Thanks a lot 

ganeshkashinath

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 50 posts
  • 6 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 07 September 2018 - 07:43 AM

It goes directly to the consumer or it is shipped out for further processing to another processor? Is your Finished product considered a RTE product?

Our product is not a RTE , it gets shipped but  not directly to the cusotmer .  So as  per the inputs of Scampl  I am leening in that direction .  I also want to do FMEA anlaysis of product release and do the justification . 

ganeshkashinath

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 50 posts
  • 6 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 07 September 2018 - 07:47 AM

Just define which attributes are pre-requisite to release and which aren't. Based on some kind of factor (production records complete, visual inspection) you consider the product okay to sell, but then perform end-item testing that isn't complete until after it has left your control.

This is extremely common for highly perishable products. E.g. fluid milk. You release under the assumption of negative results, and need to notify customer/recall in the event that a test indicates a problem after the fact.

We dont get enough time to wait for microbial results  this causes this issue , will  document release under the assumption of negative result , it sounds very apt for our scenario . 

ganeshkashinath

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 50 posts
  • 6 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 07 September 2018 - 09:11 AM

Here is my rookie attempt for a risk assessment on release system. I have used FMEA analysis for dispatch of the products .

Attached Files

Thanked by 1 Member:

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users