• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 07 October 2018 - 07:28 AM

Hi,

We are a logistics Company in India and having ISO 22000:2005 certification. Planning to apply for global food safety certifications. Can someone guide me whether I should go for FSSC22000 or BRC storage and distribition

Thank you.

Vaman Nayak

FSQA

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 315 posts
  • 126 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 08 October 2018 - 02:07 PM

Hi,

We are a logistics Company in India and having ISO 22000:2005 certification. Planning to apply for global food safety certifications. Can someone guide me whether I should go for FSSC22000 or BRC storage and distribition

Thank you.

Vaman Nayak

Vaman,

Welcome to the forums.

This has been discussed quite often in the past. Decision of choosing a GFSI certification is mostly driven by your customer requirements (requiring a specific type of certification). A good source of to drive your decision is to check with your big volume customer/s.

Both of the standards has similarities (in most areas) and different approach (in a few). 

(IMO BRC requires more risk analysis and risk assessments as compared to FSSC)

Gerard H.

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 411 posts
  • 131 thanks
Excellent

• France
    France

Posted 09 October 2018 - 07:30 AM

Dear Vaman Nayak,

Nice to meet you on the IFSQN forum. Welcome here!

Please note, that a new version for ISO 22000 came out this year (ISO 22000:2018). 

The advantage is that ISO 22000 and BRC are globally recognized schedules (GFSI). As FSQA stated, you will firstly need to look at your customer requirements and export markets, to see what they are expecting from you.

Kind regards,

Gerard Heerkens

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users