• IFSQN Associate
  • 41 posts
  • 9 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 17 October 2018 - 03:05 PM

Good morning,

I'm an SQF Practitioner in a paper food packaging manufacturing company, and our current SQF system relies on paper control copies of documents that are stamped and physically signed by each required approver. I'm looking to start keeping only digital copies of control docs and records to streamline our system, but I'm running into a bit of a roadblock when it comes to the digital signatures for our control docs.

Just wondering how you manage digital/electronic document approvals? We are open to purchasing new software or additional licenses through software we already have (such as Adobe). We do also have SharePoint in our organization so if any of you use that it may also work for us.

My manager seems to think that if we all pick a different font and have a register of the font we picked and who it corresponds to, then that would be okay for everyone to just type their "signature" and date in the required field in the word document. But I don't really think that would hold much water with an auditor?

Thanks in advance!

Lesley.Roberts

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 165 posts
  • 77 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 17 October 2018 - 03:12 PM

Your control software should be able to "audit" who has indicated approval to a document, I know sharepoint can do this.  

You could back this up with scanned signatures - which can be inserted into the appropriate field on a document - as long as finished docs are stored in PDF format this should satisfy an auditor?..

SQFconsultant

SQFconsultant

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,660 posts
  • 1139 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Just when I thought I was out - They pulled me back in!!!

Posted 17 October 2018 - 09:48 PM

The different font thing will not work in the long run. Get a program like SQF Sentinel and you will be all set.

All the Best,

All Rights Reserved,

Without Prejudice,

Glenn Oster.

Glenn Oster Consulting, LLC -

SQF System Development | Internal Auditor Training | eConsultant

Martha's Vineyard Island, MA - Restored Republic

http://www.GCEMVI.XYZ

http://www.GlennOster.com

Kerry785

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 26 posts
  • 4 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 18 October 2018 - 01:21 PM

We use the cloud based program VERSE for storing and approving documents. It keeps a history of who edits and also approves the documents. We have been using it for 4 years and our SQF auditors have always been satisfied and/or impressed.

LachelleOMP

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 28 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 20 November 2018 - 05:28 AM

Interesting! I am just starting to research this! I'm glad I stumbled here!

Scampi

Fellow

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 5,480 posts
  • 1511 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 20 November 2018 - 04:20 PM

I am switching to GoCanvas on January 1 (hopefully everyone will be able to access the docs (they call them apps) I have created. It allows you to push out documents to individuals for signature. All docs are automatically stamped with date/time/GPS location and the PDF version will show where person A signed electronically..........

Please stop referring to me as Sir/sirs

Ruthie1

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 30 posts
  • 7 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 20 November 2018 - 07:41 PM

Our company purchased Safety Chain back in March. So far we really like it! It is easy to use/install/write programs, and they have a great tech support.

Share this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: documentation, sqf, signature, electronic, packaging, digital, approval

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users