• Quick Navigation
Photo

Mop Sink Location

Share this

Best Answer , 18 October 2018 - 07:54 PM

I would put it as far away from the kitchen as possible.........so perhaps closer to the door to outside preferable NOT in the kitchen at all

Since this is new construction as for the moon sun and stars!!

There should be a janitorial closet with a tap and drain with a 6 inch wall around it where the bucket gets fill AND emptied

I don't know about MUSTS (that probably depends on your local public health department and or state law) but would be considered the gold standard

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Eryn

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 36 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 18 October 2018 - 06:41 PM

We have been working on expanding our facility, and today our kitchen manager showed me a layout of the new plumbing he has in mind, including a new hand wash sink, dish sink, production sink, and a mop sink. The only concern I have is the location he suggested for the mop sink- directly to the right of the hand sink, which is directly to the right of the dish sink.

Maybe someone can help me with this:

Does the mop sink have to be in a space away from production/dish sinks?  I feel like it should be because cross contamination risks, plus the idea of dumping mop water near where dishes are being washed.

Is there a location requirement for a mop sink?  I've worked in kitchens that had a mop closet, one had a electrical panel in the room, one did not.  Is this something that needs to be considered?  Also, should the mop sink be in its own room?

There are other options we can explore, I just thought some feedback would be nice.

Scampi

Fellow

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 5,444 posts
  • 1507 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 18 October 2018 - 07:54 PM   Best Answer

I would put it as far away from the kitchen as possible.........so perhaps closer to the door to outside preferable NOT in the kitchen at all

Since this is new construction as for the moon sun and stars!!

There should be a janitorial closet with a tap and drain with a 6 inch wall around it where the bucket gets fill AND emptied

I don't know about MUSTS (that probably depends on your local public health department and or state law) but would be considered the gold standard

Please stop referring to me as Sir/sirs

Thanked by 1 Member:

Eryn

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 36 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 18 October 2018 - 08:19 PM

Thank you Scampi! As always!

You just backed up what I already thought.  I just like having a second opinion, because often I'm questioned around here, even with my PCQI training and Servsafe!

You're the best

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users