• 0 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 03 December 2018 - 06:15 PM

Hi guys!

Please  I saw on CFIA Website:

1. " Review  FSEP Plan against Preventive Control  Requirement of the SFCR"

I know  that our current program HACCP based on the FSEP  currently cover most of the requirement of the new SFCR  PCP.

However,  how can I show or proof this (with evidence, documentation or something) that  our  current program covers the requirement of the SFCR PCP.

regards

Scampi

Fellow

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 5,444 posts
  • 1507 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 03 December 2018 - 06:19 PM

You don't really need to (according to my inspector)

Are you currently federally regulated i/e do you have a registration #?

Everything that has been acceptable to CFIA to date, is to be grandfathered in as acceptable

The only provision that is worded a little bit differently is the "market fairness" provision..........but if you are a regulated company currently, this will already be covered

Please stop referring to me as Sir/sirs

Charles193

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 13 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 03 December 2018 - 07:58 PM

Hi  Scampi,

Thanks for your swift reply . . . Yes Scampi, we are currently federally regulated and have an establishment #.

I read through the "Market Fairness" Requirement and we have individual  procedures in place  like scanner ( Bar code control), Checkweigher (quantity control), datecode & flavor check  - Does this procedures cover this requirement  or do I have to have  list of all the control measure in place like in a form format?

Thanks for your help

Scampi

Fellow

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 5,444 posts
  • 1507 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 03 December 2018 - 08:36 PM

You shouldn't need a separate list for these as they are part of market fairness, but covered under different provisions.

The one item you didn't mention was your labeling...........as you are registered, your labels will have been scrutinized and therefore will be grandfathered........just make sure your labeling portion of FSEP talks about the legality (unit of measure, name of co., grade standard etc)

NOTE: on the subject of labeling I am awaiting response back from my inspector regarding cartons.........the current guidance says the est # will need to be on the shipping container.........but I'm not convinced that's correct and the guidance hasn't been updated since May

Please stop referring to me as Sir/sirs

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users