• Quick Navigation
Photo

Is there any difference between GMP & cGMP?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic
- - - - -

parmeshwar

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 27 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 04 December 2018 - 09:35 AM

Is there any difference between GMP & cGMP? Is cGMP applicable to the food industry? If I want to Implement cGMP in dairy what is reference guideline or standard for it? What will be documentation requirement for it? please suggest

SausageGuy

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 65 posts
  • 10 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Washington Capitals Hockey (2018 Stanley Cup Champions), music, spending time with family

Posted 04 December 2018 - 10:26 AM

So, to my understanding, GMP is the generic acronym for Good Manufacturing Practices whereas cGMP is the acronym for current Good Manufacturing Practices (the most recent, updated GMPs that are industry standard).

I am in the USA so our cGMP is provided by the FDA. I'm not sure who publishes cGMP's for India, but I have provided a link below for the FDA's cGMP info.

I hope this helps!

https://www.accessda...cfm?CFRPart=110

Thanked by 1 Member:

FSQA

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 315 posts
  • 126 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 04 December 2018 - 01:51 PM

Is there any difference between GMP & cGMP? Is cGMP applicable to the food industry? If I want to Implement cGMP in dairy what is reference guideline or standard for it? What will be documentation requirement for it? please suggest

CGMP refers to the Current Good Manufacturing Practice regulations enforced by the FDA. ... Accordingly, the "C" in cGMP stands for "current," requiring companies to use technologies and systems that are up-to-date in order to comply with the regulations.Following link can be helpful to understand the differences between both:

http://www.differenc...n-cgmp-and-gmp/

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies