mohamed ahmed yusuf

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 190 posts
  • 40 thanks
Good

• Egypt
    Egypt
  • Interests:Reading, Listening music, handball , volleyball, food safety, drawing , R&D, Photoshop

Posted 16 December 2018 - 12:54 PM

Dears,

I'm now working on creation of validation and verification SOP for HACCP and also for all equipment and i made a SOP for validation for new equipment but i'm now facing an obstacle on how should i deal with the old equipment , as i can't find the validation or verification of it.

Also i would appreciate if anyone could tell me what should be the verification of CCP's , is there a template for it or what are the criteria that should be found ?

Thanks for your concern.

M.Yusuf

Ehab Nassar

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 137 posts
  • 147 thanks
Excellent

• Egypt
    Egypt

Posted 16 December 2018 - 01:20 PM

Al Salamo Alikom Mohamed ,

could you please give more details about the old equipment and what kind of obstacle  you have , it is not clear .

Regarding verification appreciate if inform us which food safety system you are following (BRC, FSSC ,IFS ,...) , as I do not  know your specific system I'll answer generally .

Verification requires objective evidence that the specified requirements are being met to produce a safe food , simply it is like an answer of the Question Does it Work , you shall document a Verification plan , you can also call it SOP no worries however it depends on the system you are following ,this plan show who should review which data at which intervals and what is the corrective action , for example verification document to be review for CCP is the audit reports , consumer complaints , internal failures e.g. microbiological test results ,incidents ,recalls , trend analysis ...... depends on the CCP.

BR,

Ehab

mohamed ahmed yusuf

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 190 posts
  • 40 thanks
Good

• Egypt
    Egypt
  • Interests:Reading, Listening music, handball , volleyball, food safety, drawing , R&D, Photoshop

Posted 17 December 2018 - 06:09 AM

Al Salamo Alikom Mohamed ,

could you please give more details about the old equipment and what kind of obstacle  you have , it is not clear .

Regarding verification appreciate if inform us which food safety system you are following (BRC, FSSC ,IFS ,...) , as I do not  know your specific system I'll answer generally .

Verification requires objective evidence that the specified requirements are being met to produce a safe food , simply it is like an answer of the Question Does it Work , you shall document a Verification plan , you can also call it SOP no worries however it depends on the system you are following ,this plan show who should review which data at which intervals and what is the corrective action , for example verification document to be review for CCP is the audit reports , consumer complaints , internal failures e.g. microbiological test results ,incidents ,recalls , trend analysis ...... depends on the CCP.

BR,

Ehab

Dear Ehab, 

Thanks for your concern ! 

Well i'm working on BRC standard, but as i mentioned before trying to set a new system for validation and verification for all the equipment into the factory, 

This system will be applied on the new equipment with no problem but the issue is about the old machines (operation equipment) how could i validate it ?.

For verification , if the verification is testing the equipment by myself  , is there a number of trials should i follow , like testing metal detector shall i test it for 1 or 5 or 10 times or more ? is there a reference for that?   

An example for CCP: metal detectors.

An example for operation equipment: dryers and sorting machine.

Thanks again for your help and concern.

M.Yusuf

Ehab Nassar

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 137 posts
  • 147 thanks
Excellent

• Egypt
    Egypt

Posted 23 December 2018 - 11:20 AM

the issue is about the old machines (operation equipment) how could i validate it ?.

Validation is defined as obtaining evidence that a control measure (or combination of measures), if properly implemented, is

capable of controlling a hazard to a specified outcome.
Validation activity is completed before the controls are introduced or when changes are expected (e.g. new products, new processes or new equipment).
as per your example for metal detector , you should make sure first that this MD is capable to detect metals out side the specified rang you had set for control ( Ferrous ,Non ferrous and SS ) , e.g. if you set them as Ferrous X mm , NF Y mm and SS Z mm , you should include in your validation the evidence that the MD can reject any violating sample, this could be from the manual which declare the MD capability you , also from the setting , you can review with the technician the machine setting which should be complied with your settings ,finally use the test rods to assure it is working properly , if you could not find the manual the setting will be enough.
Same for any food safety related equipment , if it is heating get the evidence that this temperature is enough to eliminate/ reduce the risk then get the evidence that the machine is capable and so on.

Do not forget the speed limits , I mean does your MD capable to detect at your line speed or you should slow down , if you do not have the data , make a test on the maximum speed you are producing at and document it in your validation plan.

Regarding the frequency , you should determine it according to your machine manual , at least it should include 
start and finish of daily production/shift regular intervals during the production run (based on time or quantity) change in product changes in production batches

changes in machine settings following downtime for repairs ,

Generally we are scheduling it on an hourly basis whoever it should be based on the machine , speed , product characteristics , there is no reference but should have your logic justification ,also each test required in some cases to performed in three poisons up ,middle and down.

General role inn scheduling frequency we do it at the time we expect deviation on the machine ., and should not forget the exceptional check for example at power off , of power fluctuation .

For verification you need to make sure that the process is run under control , so you can use the audit results , the complaints records , the test results .

BR,
Ehab

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users