• IFSQN Member
  • 91 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 17 January 2019 - 06:27 AM

Good evening everyone!!!

As mentioned before, I work in a place where there are around 15 small businesses. It is a large kitchen and is shared among all (non profit). We have a separate room  to manufacture our product, but we share the receiving area, storage area, the sinks (to clean the utensils) , and a machine that cleans and sanitizes the utensils.

Question:

I suppose that when we are cleaning and sanitizing our utensils (in addition to cleaning and sanitizing the sink before starting cleaning our utensils) we must clean our utensils without the interruption of other people cleaning their utensils as they can contaminate our utensils. Our product is dried fruit (low risk).

Or can it be justified that we can all wash in the sinks (3 sinks) since in the final stage the utensils will go to the machine that cleans and sanitizes our utensils ???

​Thanks for all your comments which are very helpful. 

SAMJHANA

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 10 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 29 October 2020 - 08:10 PM

Hi there,

You have not mentioned what kind of product other business use but in my opinion, it is always advisable to minimize cross contamination as much as possible by separating products (in your case other business).

Share this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: food safety plan, FDA, regulation, FSMA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users