• 28 posts
  • 6 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 12 February 2019 - 11:26 AM

Hi,

we are in the process of our gap analysis for version 8

We are given the product and packaging by our BRC approved customers- we just process the commodity for them and send it back

How do I answer clauses 5.4 (Raw Material Risk Assessment) and 5.5. (Product Packaging) as we don't directly purchase these- the customer sends them in to us

Thanks in advance

Andy

Lesley.Roberts

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 165 posts
  • 77 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 12 February 2019 - 03:01 PM

Hi Andy

We have a customer that we do the same for & in that instance (as they are making the decision to purchase) I asked them what their own risk assessment advised. 

At first customer  was a bit wary of "disclosing confidential information" but when I spoke with the quality contact at the customer saying we might need to audit as we had no information on the suppliers & this could potentially increase the cost of finished product, he was eventually able to provide a risk assessment.

Edited by Lesley.Roberts, 12 February 2019 - 03:01 PM.

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5664 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 12 February 2019 - 09:20 PM

Hi,

we are in the process of our gap analysis for version 8

We are given the product and packaging by our BRC approved customers- we just process the commodity for them and send it back

How do I answer clauses 5.4 (Raw Material Risk Assessment) and 5.5. (Product Packaging) as we don't directly purchase these- the customer sends them in to us

Thanks in advance

Andy

Hi Andy,

May depend on the specifics however, based on previous threads here, the fact that, for example, packaging is supplied to you may not exempt you from involvement in the event of a subsequently discovered deficiency in "veracity".

Relates to "Due Diligence".

Nonetheless, as per previous post, a lot of the risk assessment should have already been "done for you".

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users