Food Police

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 50 posts
  • 9 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Computers, Technology, Biology, Stock Market, Hunting, Fishing, Motorcycles, and of course Quality Assurance (food/beverage/nutraceutical/medical device/pharma)

Posted 13 February 2019 - 08:27 PM

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to introduce myself to the forum. I am an SQF practitioner (in training) for a plant that processes beans/peas/lentils/legumes. We do not grow or harvest, we stick strictly to processing operations (washing, conditioning, cooking, drying, blending, packing/labeling) We co-pack for many different brands, but currently do not have our own brand.

I created an account because I am working in a very small quality department (1 QA manager, 2 techs including myself), and we are in the process of obtaining SQF Food Safety certification. SQF/HACCP is very new to most of the people here, and although it is not new to me, I am sure I will second guess myself on a number of occasions where I will have to provide a justification for either doing something or not doing something. I definitely appreciate having a resource (you guys) to use for reassurance, interpretation of a code or regulation, or to help me solve a particular problem I may be struggling with.

Anyway, I am looking forward to reading some of the discussions on here and maybe even helping out with my own 10 years of QA/QC experience in the food/beverage/nutra/medical device industry.

-D

SQFconsultant

SQFconsultant

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,632 posts
  • 1135 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Just when I thought I was out - They pulled me back in!!!

Posted 13 February 2019 - 09:45 PM

Welcome dsnyder!

I was in a bean processing plant in Texas a couple of years ago (they also ran aluminum foil too, strange) and never saw so many beans in my life in one place.

Glenn

All the Best,

All Rights Reserved,

Without Prejudice,

Glenn Oster.

Glenn Oster Consulting, LLC -

SQF System Development | Internal Auditor Training | eConsultant

Martha's Vineyard Island, MA - Restored Republic

http://www.GCEMVI.XYZ

http://www.GlennOster.com

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic