Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 20 posts
  • 5 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 28 February 2019 - 05:52 PM

Can some one please share their Food Defense Challenge exercise for SQF -2.7.1.3

Scampi

Fellow

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 5,503 posts
  • 1514 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 28 February 2019 - 06:12 PM

That would depend on your own vulnerabilities as per your assessment

Can you add some more detail?

Please stop referring to me as Sir/sirs

MsMars

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 606 posts
  • 194 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 28 February 2019 - 06:35 PM

Hoosiersmoker

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 684 posts
  • 228 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 06 March 2019 - 02:35 PM

I created a form that includes 3 different scenarios: Unauthorized entry (trying to avoid giving necessary info at front office when entering), Break in (A person is let in without visitor badge / Vest and walks around until discovered / reported), Intentional tampering (we "plant" product in improper packaging or wrong area to be discovered). We set limits on how long it takes to discover each and how the situation was handled. If you have an "intruder" situation, make sure they have a signed consent on them to deliver to the person that discovers them for their safety. Our employees are very fast to discover intruders (last test within 2 minutes of introduction of the intruder) The form should include a place to document all information including scenario, times and expectations of each. This was both accepted and applauded at our last audit.

• jamesdlm , sbarzee and rrana like this

Thanked by 1 Member:
jamesdlm

rrana

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 20 posts
  • 5 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 10 March 2019 - 03:16 PM

can you share a template, as most of the folks get confused with the wording "Exercise" Vs "Challenge"

Thanks

SQFconsultant

SQFconsultant

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,668 posts
  • 1140 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Just when I thought I was out - They pulled me back in!!!

Posted 10 March 2019 - 06:52 PM

We do facility breach "Challenges": for food companies.

The difference between a challenge and an exercise is this:

Let's take SQF for instance, the Auditor will need to see documentation that you have conducted a challenge to your food defense.

That documented challenge could simply show that it resulted in failure - you have someone unknown to people in the facility walk thru production, etc without challenge.

An exercise on the other hand would be something like this -- You have to conduct a mock recall exercise and document it --- if you fail at the mock recall you better keep doing it over and over again until you get it right and that would be the documentation you provide to the Auditor - in that case the Auditor wants to see success.

The challenge while not meant to fail, could fail (and we have found when we do challenges - they are almost allways failures) and hopefully it will be a gigantic red flag that makes everyone concerned concerned enough to make changes.

Edited by SQFconsultant, 10 March 2019 - 07:08 PM.

All the Best,

All Rights Reserved,

Without Prejudice,

Glenn Oster.

Glenn Oster Consulting, LLC -

SQF System Development | Internal Auditor Training | eConsultant

Martha's Vineyard Island, MA - Restored Republic

http://www.GCEMVI.XYZ

http://www.GlennOster.com

sqfnewbie

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 8 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 09 September 2020 - 07:52 PM

besides unauthorized personnel attempting to enter the building.. (an ex employee actually got in thru front door while receptionist was on lunch and walked around our plant looking for their friend who works here, the 2nd was someone i knew and laid off due to Covid19, tried to enter shipping receiving but wearing full PPE, with clipboard and steel toed boots and all, was stopped from going anywhere fast) .. we also found a box, removed all markings and labels etc i personally dragged it thru some mud and put some water stains on it, we left it at reception before she arrived and after the entire day went without her noticing it we left it at our shipping receiving who just brought it to the office.

interesting results thats for sure.. but it most definitely opens your eyes.

Edited by LabelsUnlimited2020, 09 September 2020 - 07:53 PM.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users