• IFSQN Active
  • 20 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Vietnam
    Vietnam

Posted 23 March 2019 - 04:03 AM

Hi everyone.
Please help me. I do not have much experience about food safety so i am trying to learn more
My customer from Japan sent to me the document list for audit before they come factory.
Their request is temperature control standard and record?. Is this the standard for inviroment inside factory or for production processing like temp of product after steam, after cooling, after freezing, at cold storage.
Does anyone know? Please help me. Thank a lot.

Gửi từ CPH1825 của tôi bằng cách sử dụng Tapatalk

kieu nguyen

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 4 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Vietnam
    Vietnam

Posted 23 March 2019 - 04:25 AM

Hi, Cuong

I don't have a lot of experience in quality control in factory but I think there if difference in purpose between  environmental and processing temp control

-Environment temperature control: it relative to produce conditions. Because there are a lot of machines, equipment in your factory, if your machine is affected by temp (the temp also affect to humidity in the room), you have to control temp in the room.

- Processing temp control: To ensure the quality of product. You have to control every producing stages. and I think the controlled temp is the temp you need to reach to sterile, cool, storage (not after)

This is just my personal thinking!. I hope there are a lot of ideal of other members in this forum.

Tran Cuong

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 20 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Vietnam
    Vietnam

Posted 23 March 2019 - 04:38 AM

Hi, Cuong
I don't have a lot of experience in quality control in factory but I think there if difference in purpose between environmental and processing temp control
-Environment temperature control: it relative to produce conditions. Because there are a lot of machines, equipment in your factory, if your machine is affected by temp (

the temp also affect to humidity in the room)

, you have to control temp in the room.
- Processing temp control: To ensure the quality of product. You have to control every producing stages. and I think the controlled temp is the temp you need to reach to sterile, cool, storage (not after)
This is just my personal thinking!. I hope there are a lot of ideal of other members in this forum.
Do you have any document for this? Like a example for me refer.

zanorias

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 811 posts
  • 245 thanks
Excellent

• Wales
    Wales
  • Interests:Motorcycling, Food Safety, Science, Paddleboarding, Space

Posted 23 March 2019 - 10:01 AM

Temperature control generally is a key part of food production as it protects against microbial hazards and often maintains quality too. For example, my factory makes meat products and we control both the environmental temperatures to keep the production rooms, storage chillers and freezers to suitable temperatures, and we keep records of temperatures in all areas using an electronic probe system that is linked around the factory and monitors and alerts if there is an issue. You could use manual probes or data loggers if suitable to your operation.

The product temperature is controlled throughout the process. So the operatives handing the raw meat will take the temperature using a probe every 30 minutes and record it on a product control sheet. The cooking temperature in the oven is recorded on the cooking record sheet. The temperature post-cook when being handled and pouched is also recorded every 30 minutes. Temperatures are also periodically checked by QAs. Temperature is also taken when we take the finished packed product from the storage freezer and load onto vehicles to take to the customer, and this is recorded by a QA on their dispatch sheet.

So you can see temperatures are controlled and recorded throughout the process. I imagine temperature is part of your HACCP plan and CCP if cooking (unless haggis apparently).

What do you produce? What do you do currently for temperature control and records?

Tran Cuong

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 20 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Vietnam
    Vietnam

Posted 23 March 2019 - 10:39 AM

Temperature control generally is a key part of food production as it protects against microbial hazards and often maintains quality too. For example, my factory makes meat products and we control both the environmental temperatures to keep the production rooms, storage chillers and freezers to suitable temperatures, and we keep records of temperatures in all areas using an electronic probe system that is linked around the factory and monitors and alerts if there is an issue. You could use manual probes or data loggers if suitable to your operation.

The product temperature is controlled throughout the process. So the operatives handing the raw meat will take the temperature using a probe every 30 minutes and record it on a product control sheet. The cooking temperature in the oven is recorded on the cooking record sheet. The temperature post-cook when being handled and pouched is also recorded every 30 minutes. Temperatures are also periodically checked by QAs. Temperature is also taken when we take the finished packed product from the storage freezer and load onto vehicles to take to the customer, and this is recorded by a QA on their dispatch sheet.

So you can see temperatures are controlled and recorded throughout the process. I imagine temperature is part of your HACCP plan and CCP if cooking (unless haggis apparently).

What do you produce? What do you do currently for temperature control and records?

We are producing frozen steam vegetables like sweet potato, pumpkin. Production processing: steaming --- cooling--- freezing by Iqf--- selecting--- packing--- cold storage. How to i know the standard for each step? It is base on what thing?. Do you have any example?

Slab

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 441 posts
  • 209 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Reading (history, science fiction), Photography, drawing,food safety, metrology, TQM, hoplology, etc.

Posted 23 March 2019 - 12:46 PM

Hi, Tran;

You have some work ahead of you...

I would start with Codex Alimentarius

They have standards based on product and process and are generally accepted as validated methods. This does not however supplant jurisdictional authorities.

Food Safety News  Marine Stewardship Council

"Some people freak out when they see small vertebra in their pasta" ~ Chef John

cuong0000

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 31 posts
  • 23 thanks
Neutral

• Vietnam
    Vietnam

Posted 23 March 2019 - 01:43 PM

Dear Cuong

Japan cutomer want us to show them about processing folowchart with all summary specification at each step. and they want check your record. Very Simple.

Regards

SQFconsultant

SQFconsultant

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,667 posts
  • 1140 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Just when I thought I was out - They pulled me back in!!!

Posted 23 March 2019 - 02:05 PM

My question to the original poster is this -- do you have temperature control records?  do you check temperatures?  It sounds like you might not from what I can gather.

All the Best,

All Rights Reserved,

Without Prejudice,

Glenn Oster.

Glenn Oster Consulting, LLC -

SQF System Development | Internal Auditor Training | eConsultant

Martha's Vineyard Island, MA - Restored Republic

http://www.GCEMVI.XYZ

http://www.GlennOster.com

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users