• IFSQN Associate
  • 36 posts
  • 10 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 25 March 2019 - 03:03 PM

Good morning !

In the new SFCR requirements, there is a new portion for the Consumer's protection. In that portion, there is a requirement regarding labels. I am wondering of the best way to go with that requirement. My inspector on site isn't sure either. She has told me about an annual review / verification or when new labels arise. We were already checking that they followed every regulations and that the information on it was true. Does anyone have a template of how they check them ? 

I was thinking of creating an excel spreadsheet for each of our labels where we check :

Ingredients, Nutritional value, Allegations, etc. For sizing as well as accuracy.

Do you think that would be fine ?

Thank you !

- Julie

Scampi

Fellow

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 5,444 posts
  • 1507 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 25 March 2019 - 03:32 PM

What I've always used to check labels in a correct one (for each sku) in a binder and the SOP tells you to verify new labels against the master binder. You would of course need a blurb explaining why you know the master is correct

I think CFIA has added this to make sure everyone is labeling the same way----which is not helped by the 2 different standards for the nutritional panel that are allowed right now

my inspector told me that if you were already using the FSEP program, that this would have already been covered and a separate doc would not be required (and I'm not creating one either)

Please stop referring to me as Sir/sirs

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users