• IFSQN Associate
  • 34 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Vietnam
    Vietnam

Posted 06 April 2019 - 12:12 PM

Dear All,

I'm currently working as QA for a dairy manufacturer. And we are reviewing our HACCP system to make it more robust. I have a question relating to Hazard Analysis. 

So the principle is that HACCP team needs to identify all associated hazards (bio, chemical/allergens, physical) at each processing step.  For hazards like micro or allergens and even chemical at one certain processing step - called A step, if we cannot eliminate/reduce each of them under accepted level (we need to identify a later step which can eliminate/reduce them under accepted level - called Z step).

But along the way from A step to Z step, there are several B C D E F ...  steps in between, so do we need to list them all again in those steps? (esp for micro hazard which can grow and allergen which must be claimed on product label)?

E.g.  Hazards introduced to process through ingredients at dumping step - A , the killer step is sterilising of milk - Z. 

I hope to receive your kind consultation soon.

With regards,

Dat.

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 06 April 2019 - 02:30 PM

Dear All,

I'm currently working as QA for a dairy manufacturer. And we are reviewing our HACCP system to make it more robust. I have a question relating to Hazard Analysis. 

So the principle is that HACCP team needs to identify all associated hazards (bio, chemical/allergens, physical) at each processing step.  For hazards like micro or allergens and even chemical at one certain processing step - called A step, if we cannot eliminate/reduce each of them under accepted level (we need to identify a later step which can eliminate/reduce them under accepted level - called Z step).

But along the way from A step to Z step, there are several B C D E F ...  steps in between, so do we need to list them all again in those steps? (esp for micro hazard which can grow and allergen which must be claimed on product label)?

E.g.  Hazards introduced to process through ingredients at dumping step - A , the killer step is sterilising of milk - Z. 

I hope to receive your kind consultation soon.

With regards,

Dat.

Hi Dat,

I am guessing you are referring to either iso22000 or fssc22000,

If so, can study this model hazard analysis (based on iso22000:2005) -

http://www.ifsqn.com...ge-7#entry50651

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users