Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 45 posts
  • 9 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 08 April 2019 - 05:17 PM

A little help from my esteemed colleagues  - we manufacture a single item that has wheat and milk allergens present. Everything in and out is exposed to these. How do bakeries support the requirements of the SQF code in regard to labeling, segregation, etc...? Would love to see some docs created for this type of environment.

Thanks in advance. GA

The Food Scientist

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,057 posts
  • 268 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Food Science, Nature, SQF, Learning, Trying out new foods, Sarcasm.

Posted 08 April 2019 - 05:28 PM

Hi!

So you only manufacture ONE item that has both milk & wheat? Lucky you! The only thing you'd be afraid of at this point is employee and staff cross contact. Make sure they report to work with clean clothes/garments, take them off during lunch and wear them when returning to work along with proper hand washing practices. incorporate all that in your GMPs. Also make sure no food/drink from outside is bought near production areas, no eating drinking in the area either.  I used to work at a bakery, but we had multiple items with different allergens, our allergen management were proper GMPs and production scheduling. Oh and make sure all raw materials have COA's/Spec sheets as to monitor no undeclared allergens present.  Basically assess your supply chain. 

Edited by The Food Scientist, 08 April 2019 - 05:29 PM.

Everything in food is science. The only subjective part is when you eat it. - Alton Brown.

CPtmorones

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 8 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 08 April 2019 - 05:30 PM

Please share the SQF issue number & clause you are referring to. 

SQFconsultant

SQFconsultant

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,632 posts
  • 1135 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Just when I thought I was out - They pulled me back in!!!

Posted 08 April 2019 - 06:16 PM

Not sure specifically what you are asking for.  We've had a client for the past seven years that is a bakery with 2-3 main ingredients - we helped them do their development and they ace their audits year in and year out.

All the Best,

All Rights Reserved,

Without Prejudice,

Glenn Oster.

Glenn Oster Consulting, LLC -

SQF System Development | Internal Auditor Training | eConsultant

Martha's Vineyard Island, MA - Restored Republic

http://www.GCEMVI.XYZ

http://www.GlennOster.com

Share this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Allergen management, GFSI certification

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users