• IFSQN Associate
  • 26 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 12 April 2019 - 09:35 AM

Hi All 

has anybody an insight to what is new in the Version 6 of the BRC (IOP) I know about Clause 4.8.5 Environmental monitoring

is there anything else I need to be fully on top off before my October Audit 

thanks all

Mark 

pHruit

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 2,072 posts
  • 849 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Composing/listening to classical music, electronics, mountain biking, science, sarcasm

Posted 12 April 2019 - 10:12 AM

There was a draft shared in this thread, with red/blue font used to show what has been added/removed: https://www.ifsqn.co...-now-available/

This article from DQS also gives a very brief overview of the significant changes: https://dqs-cfs.com/...kaging-issue-6/

Looks like you're getting a few bits that have been implemented in Issue 8 of the Food standard ;)

Thanked by 1 Member:

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,224 posts
  • 1292 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 16 April 2019 - 05:59 AM

As per pHruit's post above many of the proposed changes are alignment with the changes in BRC Food Issue 8 e.g. Root Cause Analysis Procedure, Food Safety Culture, Supplier Assurance etc. Removed Customer Focus. There is a new section: 8 Pellet, flake and powder control in the plastics industry and they plan to revert back from separate High Risk/Low Risk requirements.

Summary of proposed changes to the Standard protocol from the draft document:
Removing differing hygiene levels
Removal of second unannounced audit programme (split unannounced)
New fundamental clause – Corrective and Preventive Action
Emphasis on product quality
Product safety and quality culture

Change of name

Kind regards,

Tony

beautiophile

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 254 posts
  • 82 thanks
Excellent

• Vietnam
    Vietnam

Posted 06 June 2019 - 02:32 AM

Even though the Issue 6 won't have been effective until 2020 but the Audit will look for the clause 4.8.5 of environment monitoring before 2020: 

https://www.brcgs.co...v2-30042019.pdf

The new clause below shall be included within all audits commencing 1st August 2019

In the latest BRC/IOP Audit on my company, the Auditor suggested to make it as a gap analysis of the Issue 6. She sought what we had monitored concerning to the microbiology in the supplied water; and focused on the product fraud, defence and IT security also.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users