Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 2,641 posts
  • 730 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 15 April 2019 - 05:43 PM

So here I am first day new industry!  I'm looking forward to posting new questions and picking at the international knowledge base!

Because we always have is never an appropriate response!

#2 Jpainter

Jpainter

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 55 posts
  • 17 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 15 April 2019 - 06:13 PM

It will be interesting to see the difference in food regulation to this new industry. Best of luck, and I look forward hearing to hearing more about this!

#3 majoy

majoy

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 62 posts
  • 11 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 15 April 2019 - 07:09 PM

So here I am first day new industry!  I'm looking forward to posting new questions and picking at the international knowledge base!

Congratulations!

You have a wealth of knowledge with you, so i'm sure you will do very good in your new industry!

"Whatever you do, do it well..." - Walt Disney

#4 rebudke

rebudke

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 80 posts
  • 5 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Cooking and baking, photography, pets, travel

Posted 15 April 2019 - 07:16 PM

Very interesting! Can you share more about your products?

#5 Scampi

Scampi

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 2,641 posts
  • 730 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 15 April 2019 - 07:21 PM

right now in Canada cannabis is only legal in dried form (for recreation). Oil and edibles are currently in draft with an expected go live date of October 17 2019

Looks like I will have to combine the new SFCR with the current cannabis regulations. 

I will keep everyone posted as I learn more!

Thanks Majoy!

#6 kkalpakidis

kkalpakidis

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 45 posts
  • 5 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 15 April 2019 - 08:18 PM

Is there any backing as to why the cannabis and their byproducts are being approved to be legal? Similar to what Portugal did with their heroin problem or do you think this is more to compete against the tobacco monopolies? 

#7 Charles.C

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 14,963 posts
  • 4113 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 16 April 2019 - 02:03 AM

Hi Scampi,

Best of Luck !

Is this what they mean by being on the cutting rolling edge ?

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

#8 Scampi

Scampi

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 2,641 posts
  • 730 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 16 April 2019 - 01:52 PM

Oh Charles, you so funny!  We actually do pre rolls RONFLOL

It's not a dangerous substance, and yes, part of it is getting the mobs and gangs to have less control.  But I'm thinking mostly its because its an easy cash cow for government. The bad guys were the ones getting rich, and using pot money to fund really really bad enterprises

When you start talking about taking a job in this industry, you find out really quickly just how much of the population actually uses it. So why not, if its government controlled, that means its safer, not cut with things like fentanyl or heroine (yes that does happen all over the world and people die as a result)  Plus we are wasting soooooooooo much money policing regular folks for having one joint in their pocket.

If this didn't sit right with my morals and integrity, I would never have taken the job.  But, the $$$$$$ is pretty good!

#9 dpogones

dpogones

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted Yesterday, 03:50 PM

Good morning all,

I look forward to this Cannabis thread growing as the market and regulatory framework continues to mature. I am the Quality Manager at an ERP Software company that helps companies comply with seed-to-sale tracing systems. I bring over 12 years of Food and Beverage industry experience in food safety and quality for both USDA and FDA regulated products. Along with this new industry, we have a lot to learn and I would be more than happy to share the expertise I have learned over the last year (and continue to learn daily) with anyone that is interested. And in turn, I would love to learn from you as well!

Areas I can help assist in are:

- General cGMP Compliance for Cannabis Industry

- HACCP for Cannabis Industry

- ERP Software for seed-to-sale

- Networking for special labs to test your products when it comes to Food, Beverages and Cannabis.

I look forward to hoping hearing from some of you. 

Thanks,

Drew Pogones

Edited by Charles.C, Yesterday, 05:08 PM.
email deleted, spam magnet

#10 majoy

majoy

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 62 posts
  • 11 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted Yesterday, 06:23 PM

Oh Charles, you so funny!  We actually do pre rolls RONFLOL

It's not a dangerous substance, and yes, part of it is getting the mobs and gangs to have less control.  But I'm thinking mostly its because its an easy cash cow for government. The bad guys were the ones getting rich, and using pot money to fund really really bad enterprises

When you start talking about taking a job in this industry, you find out really quickly just how much of the population actually uses it. So why not, if its government controlled, that means its safer, not cut with things like fentanyl or heroine (yes that does happen all over the world and people die as a result)  Plus we are wasting soooooooooo much money policing regular folks for having one joint in their pocket.

If this didn't sit right with my morals and integrity, I would never have taken the job.  But, the $$$$$$ is pretty good!

I'm definitely tempted with the $$$$$$$ too and the number of calls from recruiters is staggering! but i'm worried to be associated with the industry and not be able to cross south of the border, my family is based there, so not ready to transition yet. Best of luck! 

"Whatever you do, do it well..." - Walt Disney

#11 kkalpakidis

kkalpakidis

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 45 posts
  • 5 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted Yesterday, 07:18 PM

I'm definitely tempted with the $$$$$$$ too and the number of calls from recruiters is staggering! but i'm worried to be associated with the industry and not be able to cross south of the border, my family is based there, so not ready to transition yet. Best of luck! 

Where could I reach out? Would it be a problem if I'm a U.S citizen trying to work in Canada? I wouldn't mind the move if its worth it. I live in the midwest where the climate is pretty much the same. 

#12 MsMars

MsMars

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 339 posts
  • 113 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted Yesterday, 08:19 PM

Oh, interesting! Best of luck, Scampi!

I'm looking forward to future discussions on this industry. I'm going to say we are soon going to have yet another section to add to the IFSQN board! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

EV SSL Certificate